double clutching

anyone know what double clutching is and or how you do it thx

what did you just watch?

What with all that granny shifting, double clutching might reduce the danger to the manifold, and loose floor pan bolts. Dont you hate it when those fall off during a 25 second 1/4 mile with a 150 shot of NOS. We’ve all be there before.

hehe i admit i just watched the fast and the furious for like the millionth time lol but yeah just wondered

double clutching is something you normaly do with a big rig
the idea is you clutch in pull out of gear clutch out then rev up clutch in again the put it in the next gear. its realy not something you need to do or learn for a car rev matching is something worth learning though.

this should help!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4002588575741675515

seems pointless and alot more work to do while driving!!!

double clutching is used when ur gear box is fukd up …when synchro is broken on tranny… or old trannys that dont have synchro so u can shift smoother

cars have synchros for a reason. double clutching is completely pointless unless your synchros have taken a shit on you, like my 3rd gear for example.

Oni-Kyan, rigs don’t require double clutching. you don’t use the clutch when shifting unless you’re starting to move from a dead stop. you could, but it’s pointless.

if you want to know how to double clutch, just do what Oni-Kyan said. rev-matching would do you the most good with the least effort.

I tried it one time and my floor fell out i dunno wtf happend …

that only happens if you don’t do it properly. :wink:

i have to to get into 5th… i need a new tranny. SR TIME!

big bird and me are the only ones contributed to ur question…

in summary…dont need double clutching… dont do it… waste of time

Basically just rev-matching.

I guess that in heel toe down shifting, its sorta “similar” and there in a way? (I might be wrong)

but yeah, in modern cars, the synchros takes care of everything so you don’t need to double clutch when you drive nomrally.

ok here is the deal i drive a big rig so i kno not just talking shit. k a big rig does not have a synconized tranny so u have to rev match before u go in to the next gear but when up shifting its not really needed to rev the gas but down shifting it is needed for example on a up shift say ur in 1st push the clutch take it out of gear push the clutch again and put it in to 2nd. now for down shifting its a little diff say ur in 4th and the tac says 1000 rpm clutch to get out of gear rev the gas to 1000-1100 then clutch and put it in to 3rd its as easy as that. I dont know what Teretto is talking about lol?