downhill mountain biking @ Whiteface

So sick. I’ve already begun saving for a bike to buy in the spring. :thumbup

Ill go with ya!!! Whiteface is gnarly as hell, other great spots to ride are Plattekill Jiminy Peak and Diablo down in NJ.

Edit: Don’t forget to put money aside for a Helmet/Pads and a good hydration pack. Also a nice set of bike tools is always a plus since wrenching on a bike is almost as fun as wrenching on a car.
Woo for downhill biking!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/rockdrop.gif

Hell yeah!

Does anyone wear DOT-approved MX-style helmets like in the video? I have my HJC, I’ll just wear that :rofl Definitely will need to pick up pads though, because I know I will be going down plenty of times. haha

I had an EMS hydration back. The last time I saw it was at Sienafest 2009, filled with the “tucker max death mix” :rofl

Whiteface is pretty gnarly, steep on skis is nothing compared to steep on a bike. Nobody will notice if you are wearing a MX helmet vs a full face bike helmet, knee/shin pads are critical.

My bike before I sold it 3 years ago

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/44740/2260830520102272527S600x600Q85.jpg

Sick bike.

I would definitely want to start off on some less advanced terrain. No question about that.

that bike has SICK forks , damn

I love Transition! My buddy has a covert and their company both product and service is top notch!

Here’s my downhill rig, a little less conventional but I love the agility of a hardtail.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/droppin.jpg
A better pic, taken at whiteface actually.

100% pure awesomeness my man. :thumbup

Codeblue has a downhill bike I think too

Yeah he does. He’s a nut on that thing.

Used to have a 2002 S-FSR Enduro with some raceface and marzocchi bits. One of the many things I regret having sold. I have an old Intense M1 frame/swingarm now that I’m planning to build back up and go fuck myself up on.

I agree with you there. I love FS bikes but when trying to freeride/single track them the weight catches up quick.

uh

yea I’ve still got my giant DH. I have a fork for you adam, its the Marzocchi Super Monster. 12 fucking inches of travel. I bought it but then couldn’t use it on my bike, angle was too steep.

Here’s a pic of my giant dh on LUMPYY

and here’s the comparison between my monster fork (which is the one I use, aka the one in the picture up above) and the super monster when I installed it for a few months

and no, he couldn’t touch the ground lol

Ok so who wants to go to plattekill on Saturday? I’m pretty sure they rent pads and bikes and its a $30 ticket.

I’ve got a upper suit/chin guards/gloves/jersey and a full face helmet if somebody needs to borrow it.

I woudl love to rip the CRF150R through those trails!

My knee, shins and shoulder hurt just watching that video.

also got me wanting to ski big time. alot of those trails are in the woods next to the ski school side of the mt right? kids campus?

The trails at whiteface are all over the mtn. The most rugged and butthole puckering steep gnarly stuff run right off the summit from the gondola.

Is Mt Snow still running the trails? that was some crazy shit back in the day as well.

J, that marzocchi is a fucking animal of a fork. I don’t think I’d use 50% of the travel that one has! I love their forks though. Had a Jr T on the specialized. The M1 is an '01 or '02 monocoque frame, red/yellow. bought it with a cracked headtube seam which I repaired. Without lightweight components the bike would tip 50lbs no problem. IIRC the frame/swingarm alone weighs close to 25lbs :eek i’ve had this frame for years and want to do something with it, but it’s just so expensive to build right and i’ve got too many projects going on at the moment.

You can buy my 2008 IronHorse Sunday Expert if you would like, I cant seem to find time to use it, its only had pavement duty since I bought it:

Do it! The Sunday is a sick bike the DW link suspension design is absolutely amazing, my trail bike uses the same thing. I got to demo a Sunday a few years back and the suspension felt bottomless.