Downloaded Win 95 Game - Game speed is 1000000% too fast

I don’t know shit about this sort of thing! So basically a random thought popped in my head about Jurassic park Chaos Island, a game I had as a kid in 1996. So i googled it and a youtube video came up showing me how to download it. It look me to mediafire.com/download/anc6tw6285pwqj5/Chaosisland.rar

I downloaded the file and clicked yes on everything until the game showed up, of course I know this is a bad idea, but how could I not? The guys video had 200 views and 1 thumbs up, no way anything could go wrong! Luckily, no viruses that I know of after scanning the computer (this is on my old HP) and I am ecstatic the game works and is just like I remember. Except everything is like a VCR on fast forward.

For instance you have to build things, like a base camp, such as in a tower defense/age of empires, or hatch a dinosaur egg. These things take a few minutes, but now take 3-5 seconds. The characters can walk across the entire level in 10 seconds when it should take 10 minutes. WTF is going on??

Outside of options in the game I have no idea what else to do.

• Updated - - -

Well found the issue after googling, apparently modern computer’s clock speeds make old games move extremely fucking fast, after visiting some uber nerdy sites I found DosBox to manually slow the game down and enjoy it! Now I just have to try it out.

Science

Well I was so happy for a little while. In the properties tab I could run it in compatibility mode for windows 98 and it worked flawlessly. Went to play some more today and in the same mode is going at the speed of sound. Oh well fuck it I’m over it.

I downloaded Roller coaster tycoon from steam Sunday.

Lol, pretty much.

Yep. Old games used ticks on a PC that essentially so slow, every tick or cycle can be counted. Now you have so much free CPU time with multiple cores your single tick that may have been 1 ms is now 0.1 ms so your game just goes nuts. Definitley emulate older processor architecture with slower clock time and you should fix your problem. If you run a virtual image with a single 500Mhz CPU or something normal for Windows 95 that would also fix it.