drag racing woes

that wheel came of kinda easy could that have been a wheel spacer??? then a mad close call on the 2nd run

could be worn out studs, worn out lug nuts, EBAY lugnuts, failure to secure wheels properly, ebay studs, wheel spacer

wtf is wrong with these people!!! all they have to do is drive in a straight line!!!

unless you’ve actually driven a drag car with 500+ hp, you have no idea what your talking about.

its like bull riding. all you gotta do is sit down for 8 seconds rite?

porsche cayennes have 550hp. does that mean every soccer mom with one is a pro dragger?

no, that is an quick SUV,

Heavy and stable with more driving aids then all the GrandTourismos combined.

I’m talking about a striped out, LIGHTER then a ATV, purpose built vehicle with not much more then an engine, a tranny and some sort of BIAS-ply drag tires.

People bashing drag racing seriously need to give their heads a shake. Sure, anyone can drive a car down a 1/4 mile straight piece of pavement, but it takes some serious balls to push a legitimately fast drag car to it’s limit… and NO, you’re SR swapped S-chassis with bolt-ons does not qualify as legitimately fast.

^^^

my god you and turboner took the fuckin words right out of my mouth

you can NOT bash somethin you have not tried. i was shakin in my underwear the first time i went to the tree with my dad’s car. one of the scariest things i’ve ever done. but after that. get used to it, and i wanna go faster!

let me be a dick and say drifting sucks!!! 1/4 is the shit!!!

reverse that around and that’s what you people sound like!

forgot to add. look up some old drag racing video’s. before aero was really introduced. cars have flipped backwards because of the speed. driveshafts break and fall down, flip the car forwards. a fucking rock on the track can send you shooting into the rails.

lift the front end, smash back down, smash into a wall KEEP WHEEL STRAIGHT.

there is so much more than any one you know about drag racing.

ever seen a jet car? 4.50’s 1/4 mile? oh but wait that’s a different story right because it’s a JET car. mmhmm.

the money, the time, the commitment, the community. is WAY bigger and better than the drift scene. drag racing has been around for over a century and is not going anywhere. they keep changing rules and regulations, banning fuels. yet people continue the sport. that must say something

so get off your “who can’t drive in a straight line” band wagon and grow up.

^^

87s15lt1, heeeeeeeyy drifting dosent suck! drifting is fun!

BUT its so true, Drifting is cheaper, .I can get away with 100 dollar weekend. even burning 6 18inch tires. lol

Drag, boy you gotta have brand new M/T ET radials at least!! Cant use old used tires here!

Back in my Drag racing days i spent a fortune on fixing broken parts. and countless hours working on em. Then again it was DSM and almost a 6.0L escalade motor s10 blazer… but thats another story.

bough skyline, and besides gas and the odd driveshaft. drifting isn’t that hard on the car! and more importantly my student wallet!

drifting is definately nice but its a different type of fun. i think drag racing is more dangerous n like turboner is trying to say is that its not easy taming a 500+ drag car especially a light car that was not engineered to handle that kind of power.

they are engineered to handle the power. shit always goes wrong or breaks. driver error. weather plays a big factor as well.

drifting is fun, i just went out on a long limb of blasting out my emotions haha. i just hate when people bash drag racing. it is not easy.

turboner;

you had a s15? picatures PLEASE. i got an 87…well look at my log in name lol.

s15?? i though they were s10? Unfortunately i owned the truck before i knew how to use a cell phone so i never even took any decent pics… but I’ll paint you a picture

88 s10(s15?) 2 door blazer. repainted jet gloss black, including all chrome except bumper and mirrors, Bell tech front springs+drop spindles, 4 inch blocks in rear. solid spool diff(lucky find hehe) no badges except a little SS in the tail gate. 16x9.5 forged+machined 5 spoke rims… deep dish?.. lets just say there was more outside dish then inside dish haha. Dual Exhast (tips) off a mustang fox body.

after i blew the 2.8L i found an engine out of an Escalade, 6.0 flattop, for only 1000bucks, but with cut harness and no ecu’s, i gave up on the project and bought a talon(works mistake of my life lol)

sounds like it was a clean lookin s chassis.

back in the day 83 to oh i believe it was 86…the jimmy’s and blazer’s were s15’s. you say s10 blazer. so is it the suv? or the pickup. my self and MANY others consider the blaz/jims s15’s. because in all reality, they are.

mine started with a 2.8 as well. blew it right to fuck. seized solid lol. swapped a 305. smashed the truck doing 138km around a 90 degree turn. then swapped a 355 lt1, turbo 350 3-speed. on stock 2.73 carrier (don’t believe me…i wouldn;t either…but i never ever had a problem with it lol)

she ran 13.1 on bald hercules…or bf’s i think at the time. went to tune the modulator valve on the tranny. forgot to lock the hood…bam. smashed dash windshield hood everything. now…it’s caged, tubbed, 9" rear end. cropped out cross member for a 383 pushing 1400ftlbs on 300 shot of spray.

before all that i had multiple drops. drop leafs, 3" blocks, spindles, cut srpings. etc etc etc. 10" rim with a 375 rear tire. straight 3" through magnaflow.

if you know woodbridge…me and my buddy’s stang and wrx owned the fuckin streets

how i miss her :frowning:

edit; forgot to add the frame has been cut so it’s higher because she is gonna be as low as fuckin possible.

NICE!!! i’ve always liked the boxy s15/s10(hehe i can say i’ve owned an s15) even though my dad cruises around in a 95 4 door. there just plain ol’ dirty, honest, trucks. wish i had a pic of her.sigh

hopfully i get to see your truck one day memories

oh and woodbridge… ask your stang buddy if he ever got smoked by a grey stock looking 1G talon…with a 36inch intercooler. evil laughter