Dreamweaver CS4

I am going to have my boss pick this program up possibly so i can design a new website.

Is this program Easy to use?

I have never done web design before, can a n00b like myself do this without any major issues

Also when i was looking up purchasing Dreamweaver CS4, it looks like it comes with photoshop too, is this true?

I am hoping its pretty easy so I can tackle this without too much trouble.

Thanks.

I’ll let you know when it finishes downloading.

It is a relatively simple program for even a noob to use. CS4 associates all your links in a site and makes the code for said links one click away. I really like that tool. Other than that, and a little bit of formatting I have yet to find too many major improvements over CS3. For the cost of the program, and then the cost of your time, you can probably have a nice site created for you.

If you want to learn, and don’t care if the site has a few issues based on your learning curve, then :tup: go for it.

It’s fairly easy to use.

Unless your boss bought a package of Adobe products, it sells by itself and does not include PS.

The CS4 Master Collection comes with everything IIRC starts at 2,500 and then they have packages that include less and are a bit cheaper.

Since he’s paying its not your issue, but if you want it for personal use I recommend downloading it.

i don’t like dreamweaver :frowning:

Cough * are you a UB or SUNY student * cough

Not a student at this time.

Awesome info thus far

One more big question

Can i write pages in text just like i am writing this here and it will convert to HTML or whichever format it uses for me? Or do i have to know some code

because i know zero code pertaining to websites.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome.

You will get a very very basic page if you just use text and tables and such, but you really should know some html at the very least to use it.

PS: YOU ARE A UB STUDENT :duh:

I’ll build a website for your boss.

I was going to post the same thing, but I figure that it may be a good way for him to learn if they just want something basic.

What is the name of the company Russian?

Yea, I can’t make him say he is. Got a UB card or other SUNY id?

I’m a SUNY student. Anyways, I have used dreamweaver to do small edits to webpages. It’s fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it. There are a zillion tutorials out there, just use google and search. I also believe there are templates you can use to get started.

I have loved this program for years and CS4 is their best release yet.

Get the Web Premium package which includes photoshop, flash, fireworks, etc.

If you want to see what the current site is and why im trying to make it better its

www.stereoshoponline.com

looks like you got your work cut out for you :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen much worse, but you should have fun learning!

go to the buffalo zoo website…it is the sux. I’m self taught and I know I’m probably the last person who should be talking but, some websites are pretty rough.