Drift car brake set up -

drift car dont need brakes…

stock

on a side note i have z32 and hydro ebrake

its meh

exactly, it all depends on your style.

I only had stock brakes all around on my s14 even when boosted and it held up great.

Shitty pads in the rears helps lock up the rears if you like that sorta stuff.

Reason why, they don’t need heat to lock it up.

I ran Hawk HP + all around and felt that the rears don’t lock up as good as with shitty pads.

FTMFW

A drift car will never boil fluid, even if it was the stock JDM 17 year old nasty shit.

What else is done to the car?

Avery’s right, if you have good tight cables and they are set up right, you don’t need anything more than stock in the rear. upgraded pads will be the extent that I would go, but it’s not even that big of a deal… when you are sideways, they lock up a lot easier… and a 2 way diff will also help them lock up evenly for more ease and you essentially only half to pull half as hard (although slightly more).

I’d say, if you have other things to spend cash on, do them… even if it’s body stuff.

I run Z32 fronts with stock pads, stock s14 rears, ss lines and dot5. I will be upgrading to some slightly better pads when funds are available.

Thats the experience I have had for 3 of my 4 years

Wrong, that depends on the corner.

And IMO a drift car doesn’t need a super serious brake set up as it never sees the amount of stress a race car would.

If you are super budget then fresh working stock calipers, with good rotors and catchy pads (hawk HP+ is ok, do not buy HPS they are shit) along with good e-brake cables and it should lock up the rears pretty easily, as well as grab good when you are trying to slow down in mid drift.

If you have a little more to spend, then you can get z32/skyline calipers all around, with ss lines, motul rbf600, a hydro ebrake (cnc staging brake works good) and some light duty project mu pads.

There must be some broken telephone here beause that is not the case whatsoever. Breaking force is easily controlled with a hydro ebrake. It is just like you foot brake but only for the rear.

as far as I know, there is no amature cometition at DMCC Toronto this year.

“hawk HP+ is ok, do not buy HPS they are shit”

^^so true, i put Hawk HPS on my skyline’s brembos all round and i though my brake booster died… fckin suck!

Most likely. Cable makes for more precise/finer tweaks is more or less what he said. In the end its what someone prefers.

I’ve used both HP+ and HPS and HP+ definitely has more “bite” but it’s also a lot noisier and not too practical for a daily driver only. (Lots of brake dust)

I think if you’re drifting, HPS on the front isn’t as bad as people say it is.

Keep in mind, my opinion is coming from using both types of pads at Dunnville for grip.

Drifting has a lot less stress on your front brakes.

Good point there, if you are embarrassed of your car squealing to a stop every time your brakes are cold, and like to have your rims shiny, HP+ is going to get annoying.

hmmmm well… i have heard so many rumors that z32 rear e brake doesnt lock as well as it runs on a drum style, and stock s14 rears lock better… am i or what i have heard wrong ? i know its a little bit more money to do the full conversion with the e brake for z32… but is it worth it and will z32 lock better than stock in the rear with the same pad set up and what not ?

My end goal will be to learn the car front and back no matter what brake set up is on it… so locking and too much front or rear bias will not really be a problem as mark stated, drifting doesnt require that much braking…

who has z32 rears and think they lock up hard ? i like the look of z32 all around on s14 but will it give me the best lock ? i dont want to invest in brakes and have to upgrade mid season, i would personally rather downgrade if i am unhappy with the locking/bias of a bigger set up. i would rather cater my driving to something that works rather than have a brake set up that doesn’t