Drift car brake set up -

Hey guys i currently have s14 4 pot calipers on the front, and stock in the rear on my s14 - my e brake is toast and my pads and rotors are about done, i want to run a more serious approach to drifting this year, so i figure run a more elaborate brake set up - something along the lines of a hydro e brake, and a bigger brake set up in the front and rear -

i would love to hear your ideas and product from cheap to baller and let me know what you guys are running and if your happy with that -

i just put on the willwood big brake set up and it;s amazing, stopps on a dime even with stock bmc

hawk pads
ss flex lines
good rotors (not china)
good fluid (motul)
z32 bmc if u dont have 1 allready

game over

hydro ebrakes can be had pretty cheap these days. if u or someone u know has an idea of how to install one, there pretty straight forward. if not, lots of write-ups on the net i bet

good luck

Z32 F/r cheap an very effective… ran just the front last yr but over the winter Ive upgrded to GTR R32 F/R Ill give my comments on that once i try em out

Yeah ide say. good pads, good rotors, SS lines if you really want…and of corse good fluid.

and a good e brake…its important to have good rear pads that grab when you pull your e brake.

IMO you dont need to get a hydrolic when your jsut starting out but it is a good idea if you really want it.

I dont think you need to go out and buy a brembo brake set up or something crazy. you do use your breaks in drift alot…at least i do…so it is important but i guess it depends on what you can spend too.

Chad why use a hydraulic e-brake?

From steady Freddy himself, “Hydraulic e-brakes provide no give. They are either fully engaged or not at all. I prefer cable because you can apply specific amounts of pressure rather than applying full force which is what you get with a hydraulic e-brake set up.”

Clutch>e-brake

end/

i already have this set up lol - im looking to upgrade from that - i have not had problems with the set up i have, i just want to upgrade - and as for the comment about the hydro e brake with no give -

Tom thats not true, daves car has a cnc and there is plenty of play, it’s not an on off button, ive spoke to many people but it wouldnt hurt to try it, when i pull my e brake, i want the rear wheels to lock… i dont know what pressure im using when i grab my e brake but im complaining about locking issues, so now i want it to lock like a slut so i can steer my car into the corner at the angle i want and not have to worry about the breaks letting loose until i let go-

i want to hear some advice from people with 3 to 5 years of drifting experiance, so i can hear real knowledge about there pros, cons, of there brake set ups - i got in a fight with someone yesterday about him telling me that (x) brand of coilover was better than (a) brand of coilover yet he had never had a set of coilovers on his car in his life -

i appreciate the imput you guys have if its helpful and i can use it, but if you have never used a hydro e brake personally, and or never upgraded to a bigger brake set up, than the advice you give wont be the most accurate because its just hearsay -

budget builders wont give the same advice as someone with no budget and we all know that, so only people with true experiance give their imput please!

Well like Freddy says for him the cable allows for more precision. It would be a personal thing though.

lol

tom is right, its how it feels to you, and to me i dont know if i like the ease feeling or locking so i want to try hydro -

god dammit peter lol

in my personal experience

stock e brake and calipers works amazing

i have new blank rotors and hawk hp+ all around

i hardly ever use brakes at the track, the sideways motion of the car slows it down

and at the track, most corners are such high speed that the momentum of your vehicle will get it sideways with a quick feint,
alot of drifters look down to those who use there homo stick(e brake) to initiate the drift

I prefer cable because you don’t want to lock the rear tires completely.

I like to pump the e-brake and use it only for slight correction or to pull of a choku dori.

Hydrolic is over-rated. I would much prefer the z32 rear brakes.

PS: when you lock your rear tires, you lose too much speed = slow ass drifts.

PPS: damn I wish i had a 240sx to rip around this summer =(

samson cant give advice anymore lol

he needs a car again!!!

ya it’s pretty sad.

I want to give advice, but people would just tell me to STFU since I don’t have a 240sx anymore.

=*(

haha man you can take my car out this year dont worry -

quoted!

Yo, can we make your car the GBtires car since I don’t have one. Let me enter it into DMCC downsview amateur and I’ll cover the tire costs. I’m not even joking.

My post isn’t too helpful but if you want that kind of advice, you should PM them. If you’re looking for people with 3 to 5 years of drifting on SON, you won’t find too many, especially by posting this in car chat.

Z32 / R32 rear brake set up is a must… stock rear brakes with Z32 fronts is weak…

trust.

you will feel such a major difference.

without it there is too much front brake bias. You just lock up the fronts all day long… full z32 set up kills it. especially on the track. [

with Z fronts and stock rears i used to boil brake fluid after like 3-4 laps… since upgrading the rears i never boiled fluid or felt any brake fade other than one time where i was hot lapping with an R-comped, caged 350z for like 8-10 laps and going 110%… and even then i pitted just because the car wasnt up for it overall, the brakes would have kept for a bit longer.

You have to set up the car to your style. So i will let you know the 2 setups i have run.
S14. Front.Z32TT(30mm) with the pads that came on the calipers from varun.
Rear.BRAND new calipers(but stock) Carbotek(sp?) pads, Stop tech slotted rotors.
Was a very happy with this setup, the rears didn’t’ lock up EVERY time but enough to get me sideways 90% of the time. and a little maintenance goes a long way in brake effectiveness.

Skyline. Brembo R33 setup. F/R while this setup is great. note that the rear parking brake assy is identical to any z32.r32 drum e-brake. the brake shoes are hard to find so make sure they don’t get glazed over and the’ll lock up every time. I actually don’t even use them that much because the 2 way and nismo rear sway bar already makes the car drift happy!

personaly, i think you just have to get a z32 rear setup. works VERY well. IMO.