Drift Pineapples Vs. Solid Subframe Spacers

Hi, im going to be getting some subframe spacers for the skyline to reduce the notorious wheel hop nissans get and also to maybe get some better hook up at the strip (or drift setting :twisted: ).
I have seen solid spacers (aluminum i believe) and the urethane ones which i know a lot of guys in australia use (whiteline ones).
My question is what are the advantages and disadvantages associated with the solid and rubber bushings?
I would imagine solid ones would be a bit more harsh and may not do as much for wheel hop as the rubber ones. Anyone have experience with that??
Also, where can i locally get a hold of either style or should i just get em off the net?

I’ve never seen urethane “spacers”, at least not for Z32 suspension, but I recently made the switch on my Z32 from aluminum spacers to solid aluminum subframe BUSHINGS. A solid bushing replacement is supposed to be significantly better for reduction of wheelhop than a spacer, at the cost of a bit more driveline noise. The actual bushing replacement is a LOT more work than just installing spacers however.

Alright then, i guess i was under the impression that the solid ones were just the toss in spacers that you can change to different locations to get different handling and launching characteristics.

your telling me you have never seen these???

i highly doubt that…you would have made the decsion between those and these

the ureathane ones r the ones you switch around for different handling and launch characteristics…the solid ones r left at the location once installed

Im sure ive seen the same thing as the pineapples except in a sold aluminum version though…

Did some more lookin…i think im gonna go with something like the whiteline pineapples…anyone know of shops around here that carries them or something of the like??

I bought my whiteline pineapples from pdm.

the ureathane ones r the ones you switch around for different handling and launch characteristics…the solid ones r left at the location once installed[/quote]

You’re right, I had seen those. I didn’t realize he was talking about the “tilt spacers”. And no, I hadn’t chosen between those two when I originally got mine. SPL isn’t the only game in town. I had aluminum spacers made from another company, ones that came out for Z32s before SPL’s were even available. (SPL’s aluminum spacers are a copy of Kazama’s from Japan anyway).

Anyway I have these now, instead of spacers:

But again, not SPL’s. Mine are from a different company, but essentially the same.

the ureathane ones r the ones you switch around for different handling and launch characteristics…the solid ones r left at the location once installed[/quote]

You’re right, I had seen those. I didn’t realize he was talking about the “tilt spacers”. And no, I hadn’t chosen between those two when I originally got mine. SPL isn’t the only game in town. I had aluminum spacers made from another company, ones that came out for Z32s before SPL’s were even available. (SPL’s aluminum spacers are a copy of Kazama’s from Japan anyway).

Anyway I have these now, instead of spacers:

But again, not SPL’s. Mine are from a different company, but essentially the same.[/quote]To tilt you need all 6 bushings. The split ones for tilting are not in the picture. Because they are not a whiteline kca349 kit. The ones in Mark’s picture are a urethane version of the gregg dupree spacers. Jason, if you didn’t buy spacers from Japan you probably bought a copy of something from Japan. The same spacers or bushings work on S13 S14 Z32 R32-33.

The spacers I used to have were Greg Dupree’s aluminum spacers. I’m not aware of them being copies of anyone’s design. They are not identical to SPL’s but accomplish the same basic function.

I agree they are not copies. Greg Dupree seen a good thing and made his version. And thet are wort buying. Home markets usually make parts for thier cars first, if we went to Japan we would see parts that we never thought anybody would make. It’s just like the domestic guys in the USA.

uras has pineapples i think cannon ball -r has some go to the site…not trying to advertise but i thinks its the only place in canada that has uras parts