Drifting?

I want to drift, but I need a little help. I hear it all the time that you need a rear wheel drive car and it’s easier to be stick. Is this true, does it always need to be stick and rear wheel drive? I think it would be easier if the car was automatic because you wouldn’t have to shift and all that. If someonre could explain what kind of car is necessary to drift, it would help a lot. Thanks

ebrake

lol

i was snow drifting the micky d’s drive thru tonight. mad fun yo in the mad leet jdm AWD escape

you’re 20 and live in WNY and haven’t figured this out yet?

you need to go play in the snow with your 2.4 atx cavy until you stuff it in a snowbank, grasshopper

yes you want a stick because autos are the gay…but its easier to keep the revs high when you can put it in a lower gear yourself…and when youre driving and want to slide, essentially, your rear tires are spinning causing the back to slide out…i can’t believe i just had to explain that.

RWD makes the best drifts. Also AWD makes for good drifts but its hard. FWD cannot be drifted but rather power slid. Ebraking in the snow doesn’t count, or micky d trys. Manual is better for drifting because you can keep the RPM’s in the power band of the car. Autos won’t always do this. There is an auto el camino is formula d if I’m mistaken.

lol. in

lol here is how its done

:P;)

IB4TL

and in snow, i have both a rwd and an auto, and i dont have any problems controlling teh slide and angle of the vehicle.

Fuck that noise.

AWD snow drifto FTMFW

hell yea

[color=#000075]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/LostPerfectFlaw/th_vba1740.gif

[/color]

Yes, a RWD platform is best cause you will never be able to keep a steady highspeed drift with a fwd car cause instead of your car pushing forward its pulling itself foward. Having an auto for drifting isn’t good either cause really you could only keep it in second or low…cause if you kept it in drive once the rpms got up…it would shift into a higher gear and bam…no power and you lost your drift.

Drifting isn’t something as easy as going to an arcade and playing Initial D and now you think your some drift pradagy, It takes time and skill to learn. Ive been doing it off and on none profesionaly for 3 years and i also do it in the winter cause the snowis a good learning tool. I can pretty much slide anything thats rwd in rain or snow…I wish i would of had someone record me in my 96 lincoln towncar on rainy days.

If you truely wanted to get into drifting cause you really want to do it and not because everyone thinks drifting is so damn cool now…since that fricken movie came out and its blowing up the import scene when people have been doing it for long before any tuner mag was a hot selling item to buy.

Start small and smart. Find a good rwd car…something lite and makes good low end power (for now) and upgrade to an lsd and buy cheap tires in balk. It takes time to learn and a time to feel your car but mostly just have fun and stay out of trouble and do it in safe area’s where you have plenty of room to whip out…cause your going to.

this is this awesome hot to movie i think its called “Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift” i heard that if u want to lurn about drifting thats what u need to watch

worst video ever.

was that a joke or were you serious?

wait…so it’s not drifting when i turn too fast in my jetta and the car keeps going straight in the snow? what is that then?

in!

pradagy

holy shit i knew this thread would get funny

Ive been doing it off and on none profesionaly for 3 years

:roll:

You guys are right, snow is a good learning tool because I whip my 1998 accord in the snow, but I want to know which car I should get when there is no snow around (summer) and I want to drift. There are a couple of 240sx I’ve been looking into, I am just waiting for some people to get back to me.

You know its funny when people pull shit like this when someone mentions they can practice drifting and are fairly decent at doing it.

as for the pradagy i don’t understand how was that so funny? I didn’t mention I was if thats what you ment.

oh and for your smart ass comment…its called understeer when your dumb ass goes straight in the snow when you crank the wheel in either direction and only go straight…

So lets stop being little computer L33t tough guys and keep the smart comments to yourselfs next time.