Wanna get your drift on tonight? 2/29/08

Here are a couple videos a friend took of me last week and were going out tonight after he gets out of work. If anyone wants to join shoot me a pm asap and we can meet up somewhere.

The last clip in this one was an o-shit moment because I think I was in 3rd. :smash2:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/Red2000SR/Car%20Clips/th_SnowDrift1.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/Red2000SR/Car%20Clips/th_Snowdrift2.jpg

Where you using the ebrake the whole time or just second half of the first video?

Wheres the 360 at?
You going out tonight cause I am definitly am.

I’m working on my 360, a zx2 tranny is a notchy son of a bitch in 1st 2nd and reverse. Only my right tire locks up with my e-brake so I make due with what I can. The only way I can drift to the left is by connecting a drift. Not being able to get the car going a little left then back to the right for more momentum to do a 360 is a bitch. This is my 1st real season drifting with a 5-speed so I’m doing well I guess.

I love snow drifting but I’ll be honest, I hate it when e-brakers show up in their fwd’s. There’s no possible way to tandem with an e-braker and it’s so unpredictable what they’re going to do since 50% of the time they’re actually grip driving until they yank the handle. You really gotta pick up something rwd.

My next car will be AWD. I was going to get a WRX, but seeing how soft Subaru went on the suspension, I’m thinking 09 Ralliart. I really was a die hard subie fan boy but seeing as how they are destroying the WRX it is swaying my options.

Ya I just learned the 360 yesterday just pop the drift,clutch it when ur all the way around lock the wheels and throw it into reverse and keep spinning. Atleast thats how I do cause its like impossible to 360 regularly. Just dont go into reverse with locking the wheels lol. I have no problem in snow with fwd so idc cause snow its so easy to ebrake slide that it can keep up to a rwd but not like pavement.

Ya go with the evo if you got the money its nice.

I’ll probably be up by the movie theatre or tops/kmart messing around.

I taught myself everything I know. I first started out in an ATX 92 accord. It wasn’t hard adjusting to MTX because unless your going really fast just leave it in 2nd. I’m planning on hitting up places around amherst tonight. PM me some numbers if anyone is interested. I might be leaving to pick up my camera man soon. He is at Buff state and has summer tires so he can’t make it out to me. I’m probably leaving in 10-15 min.

fun, be warned even if you are in a parking lot you can still get a reckless driving ticket

I don’t stay in one spot for more than 5 minutes. :wink: But thanks for the warning.

Ebrake sliding is not drifting, most soccor moms have no problem with the 360 driving to work on the blvd in the snow.
Not hating on the FWD guy’s, but drifting is an awd/rwd sport.
We get really sideways at ransomville, I dont consider that drifting even tho it is in a RWD car.

You can call it what you want but I still call it drifting. Your still spinning your tires to keep the momentum up. So what if you can’t keep it up as good as an awd or rwd car! I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to due to limited time but I’m getting the video together now.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/Red2000SR/Car%20Clips/th_Snowdrift3.jpg

The 360 is shit but it was my best of the night, also first attempt of the night. In the second part, tell me that is not drifting.

lame, none of this shit is hard.

I know right. :drama2: Drifting in the snow isn’t hard, so whats your point?

My point is, it’s lame. you drifted in an empty parking lot around nothing in a gay fwd car.

/thread

Thats your opinion and it doesn’t really bother me. To each his own.

it’s not. Lol, just lol to each his nothing.
Going fast and sliding in the snow is not drifting.
Its sliding, all your doing is sliding the car then giving it gas so you dont slide to a stop, when the car would probably just pull itself straight.
I didn’t wanna shit up the thread until you proclaimed it as drifting.

if you cant do it on dry pavement, then it’s not drifting.

too bad we didn’t have any good meets like last season.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/538e8fc7-11dc-47b6-bdb3-99bb01218b06.htm

lol now thats some drifting in the snow, those donuts by the evo were pretty sick, the neon was not.

Can be done on dry pavement, only difference is rwd can do it from a slow speed. Either way in the snow the car moves the same and I have no problems keeping it going as long as I want. One day I’ll have a rwd car but for now I’m fine with doing it in fwd.

The 360 wasn’t bad either, its tough to do everything together.