Drifting 101 with Tsuchiya @ Willow Spring [21 mins]

For those who are interested. Looks like the content is more or less from the “Drift Bible”.

Enjoy!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8379/shift518.png

thats like from square one of drifting +1 sick video

Nice video. +rep.

I spent 2hrs on Saturday morning (4am) out in Syracuse last week drifting around the streets in 6+ inches of snow. I use the e-brake method because it’s easiest for me and because I’m auto.

I’m hoping my friend (who was with me and lives in FL), gets the video off his blackberry soon (inside car view).

sweet vid. i seen that earlier today

BTW watch his feet at 16:12ish :slight_smile:

FWD :lol

a 5 speed aint gonna help that…

Good video!!

:rofl @ RJ DeVera’s seating fail.

The cam lock goes right under your sternum, right? :retardclap

Tsk tsk, you know you have to get in right position to do the thumbs up and wave to the chicks sOn

well its not like you can power over in a FWD car, and you cant clutch dip in a auto, and i wouldnt call it drifting (all tho i have before lol) in a FWD its more like E-brake slide :slight_smile:

The whole don’t call it drifting thing is funny to me, because if you ask any higher level drifters they’ll tell you even powering over isn’t ‘real drifting’.

IMO, unless you have each corner planned, and initiated before you enter the corner, you’re not drifting.

That being said, the only event I’ve been to I was initiating exclusively with power-over, maybe a hint of weight transfer, but mostly powering over.

Noobsauce.

well thank you for that info, i dont drift nor have i ever owned a RWD car, FWD with to much power to even get traction FTW

See below why I mentioned auto…

E-Brake slide or not, it’s still a form of drift. On snow, perhaps it’s more of a slide since I’m not very good. But I’m sure people can drift a FWD car somewhat as well if they know what they are doing.

Ilya, get your flame suit ready, heheh.

Not that I care either way (since I do not know how to drift) but I know it’s a topic of debate.

Here comes the boom!!!

Ready?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/c/c9/20050618002843%21Nuclear_fireball.jpg

Its not drifting. Show me a pro drifter that rocks a FWD.