Drifting 101 with Tsuchiya @ Willow Spring [21 mins]

Still dont see what the difference in if your car was 5 speed or auto as your rear wheels are just being dragged, your only using the front wheel/power to keep the car moving… wouldent make a difference if it was 5 speed or auto…

I can snow drift just as good in my auto contour as I could in my 5 speed g20

http://memegenerator.net/Instances/863/Success-Kid-PULL-EBRAKE-IN-MAXIMA-CALL-IT-SLIDING-LOOK-COOL-ON-THE-INTERWEB.jpg

lol. I realize RWD is the platform of choice for drifters (I never said it wasn’t), but if you’re telling me that you CAN NOT DRIFT A FWD CAR NO MATTER WHAT, I’m not buying it. I’m sure that dude in the video could drift my Maxima. And he said it himself, using the E-Brake is a form of drifting. Unfortunately, my 190hp V6 isn’t enough to e-brake the rear wheels and have enough power to make the car drift/maintain speed. This is probably where a 5spd would come into play as being more beneficial than an auto because you can control the RPMs, etc.

I don’t claim to be a drift master or know how to do it, I’m just thinking. This is why, due to my lack of knowledge/skill, I stick to doing it in the snow.

there’s plenty of fwd drifting, Synapse’ new race car for example, thing will probably be sliding around half the tracks they’re at, but it’s done for a reason…there’s no drive wheels out back to rotate the car.

still though, it’s not drifting, it’s slipping.

i hate the drifting-or-not argument, fuck this thread im out