Drive to Ithaca = How Long?

I have to go to Ithaca and take some photos for work tomorrow. Anyone know if Google is right that the 149 miles will take over THREE hours?? Usually 150 miles takes about 2, at an average of 75 mph. Are we talking about REALLY slow roads or something?

Anyone wanna be my copilot? Leaving around 8am, gotta stop in Batavia for other photos, too.

its between 2.5 and 3. With the gas as high as it is, I know i would be going a bit slower than usual. 90 to 690 to ithaca. Probably right at the 2.5 mark, at most.

THAT SUCKS!!! Why so slow??

normally, 3 hours
driving fast, 2.25 maybe
you could shave 45 min off the ride at 80-85 i bet

:c ) good luck.

edit: if you drove at 100 mph you could do it in just under 1.5 hours. :wink:

yeah i USED to take hte 90 at like 90mph, now itd be like 65-70, its a little hike, Syracuse is like 2 hours in itself, and ithaca is like anohter 30 mins south of that

149 miles… at 75 = 2 hours.

it might be that along the hypotenus (sp? sorry grammar man, too lazy to look up) of the triangle. But ithaca is a bit longer than 2 hours

It took me around 3 hours from Cheektowaga. The problem is that there aren’t any large highways directly to Ithaca. BTW Ithaca is gorges.

http://gs92.sp.cs.cmu.edu/pictures/2004_09_19__clevelandexchange/images/img_4498_med.jpg

:rofl: