Driveshaft?

anyone know if there is somewher than can custom make me a driveshaft locally? ill be using a tremec transmission. but still the s13 rearend?

Hmmm,

I think a driveline shop might be able to do this. But i dunno, I am not to smrt.

Shaftmasters.com

I spoke with Gill from patsdriveline.com today. I’m wanting to get my 2-piece stock shaft converted to a lightweight one piece, or else have it rebuilt. Anyways, he seemed really cool, and his rates seemed fair. Autodream said that they would do a good job and have used them a couple times. Gill also said he could whip me up a custom shaft, so try phoning them. (PS I spoke to Gill in the Calgary/Blackfoot SE location, they have edmonton offices too and are affiliated with the Gear Centre stores.)

awsome news. thanks for the tip. and thanks to everyone for there input aswell

my cousin (username ‘grippy’ on this forum) got a one piece aluminum shaft made. i’ll ask where he got it done.

I went to Charchun welding to get mine done (RB swap). I’m not sure about what kind of lightening they’d do, but its worth a try. Its beside Alberta Driveline (try them too) just off Yellowhead.

I went to Charchun too and to build me a steel shaft with my old yoke and rear section and new U Joint they wanted about $350, for $320 i got a new aluminum shaft from shaftmasters.com. Their stuff was way better than the driveshaftshop aluminum shaft i had before, that thing was a peice of shit.

I wouldn’t give Alberta Driveline any business if they were the last shop left. . .don’t go there. . .

Damn, man, they tried to rip you off. I got mine done (RB25 yoke, 240sx rear section and one piece) for $280ish at Charchun. I’ve also broke the rear yoke (cough, a couple of times) and he replaced it for free, not including the cost of the yoke (~$30). Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Note I don’t know what a Tremec tranny is, but I’m guessing its a american drag oriented tranny. Too lazy to search google… I’d install the tranny/engine and measure the length you need from centre of the tranny yoke to centre of the rear yoke, that’s it.

Back to the RB shit (sorry mini thread jack). From what I’ve learned on the forums, state that the driveshaft is from a 240 and the tranny yoke is just a stronger 240 one, a 300zx one, something (read: LIE, in general say it is USDM). DO NOT say that its from a Skyline, they will almost automatically think that they can over charge because they don’t exist here and for some reason its harder to make. Bunch of bull… but I digress.

Just shop around, there are plenty driveshaft shops around Edmonton, but I personally had a good experience with Charchun.