Driveway pics of the Poopra

1983… man, some cars age so well. :tup:

I love that headlight scoop

Thanks, these are the rims im thinking about eventually getting 16 or 17x8 up front +10 offset and 17x10 -10 offset rears with 295/40 tires
http://www.jlinewheels.com/images/wheels/500_SDMRL2.jpg
or something in that same custom 3 piece mesh style with around 5" lips with either black or gold centers.
I also been messing around with making my own front lower lip since the front end still looks too high even with a 1.5" drop. I already mad 2 style lower lips outta plexiglass one with adjustable height the other one more of a rally sport/muscle car valance but Im not entirely happy with either of them so im thinking of other ideas.

You’re missing something between the cone filter and the intake manifold.

Also, the exhaust manifold and the muffler…

http://www.jlinewheels.com/images/wheels/500_SDMRL2.jpg

a set of custom wheels like this are going to cost you more than your car is worth. Unless you have some sick plans for the car these are kinda overboard even though they would look great.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:25,topic:33951"”]

a set of custom wheels like this are going to cost you more than your car is worth. Unless you have some sick plans for the car these are kinda overboard even though they would look great.

[/quote]

I was quoted right under $2k shipped for my desired set a few months ago. I was also thinking about Braids but they cost a bit more due to shipping overseas or hope to find a set of used Stich’s for around $1k.

Man that is one nice looking car but i not really for the rims

[quote=“Daddie,post:24,topic:33951"”]

You’re missing something between the cone filter and the intake manifold.

Also, the exhaust manifold and the muffler…

[/quote]

Jeez dont remind me. If I dont have a MK3 supra by the end of this year, Im pulling the engine and clean and repaint the engine bay. By next spring/summer I should have something more sneaky under the hood but I said that the last few years
:deadhorse2:

Nice, I just bought an 84 for a winter beater.

[quote=“Superium,post:26,topic:33951"”]

I was quoted right under $2k shipped for my desired set a few months ago. I was also thinking about Braids but they cost a bit more due to shipping overseas or hope to find a set of used Stich’s for around $1k.

[/quote]

Honestly, I really like the old scool J-spec mesh wheels you have on there, they go well with a car from that era.

The poopra gets a :tup:! Nice car.

[quote=“Rx3,post:30,topic:33951"”]

Honestly, I really like the old scool J-spec mesh wheels you have on there, they go well with a car from that era.

[/quote]

:word: Period wheels do look great on that car.

I think a couple of pics of this and POOPRA’s ride would be refrickintardedly hot, like some sunset shots at the harbor :ugh:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:32,topic:33951"”]

:word: Period wheels do look great on that car.

I think a couple of pics of this and POOPRA’s ride would be refrickintardedly hot, like some sunset shots at the harbor :ugh:

[/quote]

Well if hes up at the toronto supra meet this weekend its a possibility. Either way Im sure I will have a bunch of photos to post early next week.

[quote=“Rx3,post:30,topic:33951"”]

[/quote]

hell yes - that’s the part that gets me. i really like this :tup: i really wasn’t expecting hotness when i opened this thread, i just needed a chaser from the pepper thread

after i clean up my car i’d be down to snap some pics together too.

[quote=“Superium,post:33,topic:33951"”]

Well if hes up at the toronto supra meet this weekend its a possibility. Either way Im sure I will have a bunch of photos to post early next week.

[/quote]

Not going this year, I went up in 04 & 05 and had some fun. I am
going to be out of town again.

[quote=“Supraman,post:35,topic:33951"”]

after i clean up my car i’d be down to snap some pics together too.

[/quote]

Hell yea me and justin were supposed to set up/attempt another 80s Import meet within the next few weeks but too many other meets are happening over the next few weekends. Probably mid september.
My brother has a clean black stock 84 so an all blackpra photoshoot would be sweet.
Yes I love my rims but I really want 8 or 9s atleast in the rear so the car will handle better with all the new upgraded suspension, my enkeis are only 7s with 225s on them.
Ive had these Rohs on the car 17x8/9 with 245s/275s and the car handled so much better even before I had the new suspension setup in.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/superium/Rohs/rohs5.jpg

do you still have those old rims? i think those look real good, but i like the meshies too… maybe if you were looking to sell, i’d pick a set up. I think you said your supra has been repainted… where did you go? price? my car needs it bad… i wanted to keep it original but have decided i am going to do the body work on the hatch and remove the door moldings, bondo the holes and then paint the entire car black again. pain in the ass to keep clean but looks oh so good when it is.

The 5 spoke Rohs are Josephs (white_mk2), he just recently had them powedercoated all black for his 82 7mgte beast hes building. His cars going to be all out evil. The rims were a custom made order group buy a few years back for celicasupra.co forum members.
I knew a guy who was an old Toyota technician/body work guy in the 80-90s who cut me a deal which ended up being around 1400 after supplies though I did dissasembly, 1/4 of the prep work and reassembly. It was a decnt deal but my car was basically the test bed since he got out of body work/paint for quite a while so the paint job didnt come out as great as I wanted it to be but I guess I got what I paid for.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:11,topic:33951"”]

:wstupid:
Nice car but, holy orange peel Batman!

[/quote]

That is weird, I was going to say the exact same thing…