Driving with no hood, illegal?

My car will be in running order before my hood comes in and would like to drive it home from the shop out in Collins to West Seneca, but I don’t feel like getting pulled over. Is it illegal to drive with no hood? All lights etc. will be working on the car, just no hood.

If it is, I’ll just let it sit there until my hood comes in.

I dont think so. but Im not for sure either. I think your way better riding with no hood than riding with no doors like ppl with jeeps do. what about t buckets and what with no hoods. I think your fine.

EDIT: I did drive my EG hatch for like a week with no hood when it flew up on me. I didnt have any issues and I worked/drove thru Buffalo, Cheektowaga and Depew.

its not an inspection item, but i cant say its not a moving violation… its probably in that officers discretion bs part of the law…

no problems. drove my truck without a hood for a whole summer and was fine.

I think you’ll be fine. I see it once in awhile.

not illegal

Andy Xeon got a ticket for no hood. That was in PA tho.

Let me guess, during Carlisle?

I would go with no. As long as you are not a dick and if you get stopped tell the cop you are driving it home from the shop, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Never been stopped for it myself.

drove the s2k with no hood when i bought my CF hood. no probs.

only illegal if you dont have a fan shroud

You can get ticketed for it…Just tell them you’re going to pick it up or some BS

Just got off the phone with a cop friend, and I thought of this, so I asked him. He said they could ticket for it, but if you aren’t driving obnoxiously or have obnoxious exhaust, or some other reason most guys won’t care enough to stop you.

Sounds like this with other poor stopping reason(s) will get you ticketed for everything though, so be prepared if you do drive it.

I have been PULLED OVER with no hood/side sills/front bumper [just the reinforcement bar installed] for other reasons, and they did not say anything about the missing panels. As long as you arent a dick, and everything is “secured”… you should not have an issue.

thanks for asking this lol. Im thinking about making a trip out to rochester on sat to get a hood for my car and im thinkin of just driving there without one and putting the new one on there.

Drove mine for a cpl wks, till my hood came in, never had a problem.

a buddy of mine drove his cr-x everyday for about a month with no hood and rear bumper in west seneca, i think you’ll be fine

A friend of mine was ticketed in Cheektowaga for it.

That’s Cheektowaga. They’ll ticket anyone for anything…