Is it illegal to....

Drive without a front bumper in NYS ? turn signals would still be on the car

I don’t know about the bumper, but you wouldn’t have a plate on the front which is illegal so technically, yes.

Zip ties fix the plate issue. I’m considering this too, at least for like an hour.

Cars do it all the time out in Lancaster :shrug:

you need a bumper, not a bumper cover

i’m sure you’d be fine as a temporary measure. speedracer1.8T drove around without one for a couple weeks while he waited for his new one. i don’t recall him comlaining about any problems from the police.

its fine

dmoffitt drove around without one for like 3+ months (although of that time, it was maybe on the road a good month).

cool, thanks guys :tup: if anything it’d be for less than a day, very temporary

I think Dave’s on the road time averages about 1/3 of his ownership time

yea as long as the actual bumper itself is there…i am just assuming the cover will be off

no, zip ties do not fix the plate issue if you really want to answer the question of what’s legal and what’s not…

NYS law states that both license plates have to be mounted by at least 2 screws…

trust me, i’ve already been told that more than once this season alone…lol

glue the head of a bolt to the license plate /problem

Usually a cop isn’t going to bother you unless the plate is flopping around. :wink:

:headbang:

NYS law states that both license plates have to be mounted by at least 2 screws…

When I was stopped by 4-5 cop cars…among all the tickets they mustered up for me…on was for the license plate. The officer told me, “the plate MUST be in the stock location. PERIOD”

I dunno how far the truth is but…thats what I was told.

Take the risk…it would be $50-$75 for the ticket. Maybe the whole thing would be dropped. If u show it was fixed.

Plate does not have to be in a stock location, stock location varies in a 5ft by 5ft square depending on vehicle. Jay you already know what I’ve said on the issue. Bumper Cover, not required, front plate, required, bumper core, required.

I got a ticket for it…“Front Plate Obstructed” A fuggin bullshit ticket. :roll2:

MPD47: I PM’ed u a question

Choko lets see some hussle

:word: +1