No front plate ticket

So I got handed one of those on the way to work yesterday.
I had the plate in the car and showed it to the cop, since the front bumper cover was replaced (it’s not even painted, black primer) and it doesn’t have have holes or mounting bracket on it. Now I’m not sure how it works exactly in NY but this is a uniform traffic ticket, no mention of this being a correctable violation. Suggestions? What’s the usual fine for this?

who cares i have gotten no less then 10 of them, just pay it its prob under 100$

Pay the fine…

cheaper/less agrivating than fighting it

i had the exact same thing happen to me back in Dec, had the plate in the car, was very respectfull, still got a ticket, cost me $150 FUCK sgt mcclasco of the colonie PD dickhead

just pay it you cant get around it… if you know someone you could possible get is ACOD. i had the same situation with me M3… just had the front bumper replaced from a accident and didnt have any wholes or anytthing to mount it and still got a ticket…

Pay it I will then. Is there some requirement as to how securely the plate has to be mounted? I got it ziptied around the bumper for now since I need to get the holder to mount it properly.

I was told that zip ties will not pass and you could still get the ticket.

+1 they technically need to be “securely and permanently mounted”

thats pretty lame. Zip ties are pretty damn secure, I almost consider them more secure than a screw.

What a drag, now I’ll need to improvise a bracket so that I don’t have to drill my bumper full of holes. Where’d I put that sheet of aluminum…

how many front plate ticket threads will be made!!! lol

I got one this summer…ended up being 130$ all together for the fine and surcharge.

Ive got one on both of my cars. I was driving the Mustang without one until I drove over my brother’s plow frame and fucked up the bumper.
The plate covers most of the scrapes.

Im going to put the front plate on the truck too. Id rather not give the cops a reason to pull me over.

How the fuck are you going to permanently secure a license plate to a car??? Epoxy that into the bumper… not to mention how are you supposed to turn in a plate… bring the entire bumper to DMV???

LOL

Ziptie, bolt, rivet, rope and a knot, big league chew… if it hold the plate to the bumper thats fine. Look up the law… there is a MIN/MAX height, and it need to be on the front most possible location on the car and cant be obstructed. IE cant put it on the dash… not the front most and is obstructed by a windshield even though it is clear.

Put the plate on how ever you can and drive to a police station, explain and they will/can/should/hopefully will give you a written piece of paper saying you put it on and that is what I would mail to the court when you plea NOT GUILTY. Give a nice formal letter with your signature and a date and what not explaining the deal.

I 2 sided taped a plate to the bumper. even tack welded the heads of 2 bolts on the plate. Took a picture and sent the pic and a explanation letter in… dismissed.

you weld it onto the car, how else?

i hate NY and their front plate laws

they are very vague about this law but in a nutshell:

-can’t be any lower than 12" off the ground
-can’t be any higher than 36" iirc
-can’t be behind glass (no windshield)

i’ve had 2 or 3 of these tickets. the last time i was so fed up i asked to see the traffic law book. all 3 times the plate was in my windshield, in plain sight.

its a stupid ticket, from a money hungry state.

much fewer states even require them. its just another bunch of BULLSHIT from this wonderful state for them to ticket people and bank off of.

sucks man, when i had my m3 i didnt have teh front plate on it the entire time i had it and never got bothered

he is a dick head…busted my balls in the academy

it cant be behind the windshield? thats kinda stupid if u think about it. cuz upfront on the bumper, theyre usually shit smeared in the winter, so u cant see em, but if its behind the glass you can see it cuz wipers clean the glass. and nobody will get out of their car and wipe off the plates

Just got the letter from court, 60 fine + some 85 mandatory surcharge?
WTF is this surcharge shit?
Pricks.