No Front Plate Ticket - Approx. Cost?

So I got a no front plate ticket tonight. The guy was nice enough to not give me an expired inspection ticket (expired in October, I’m currently trying to fix the problem and luckily had all my receipts with me to prove that I am indeed working on it. I also had my OBDII scanner hooked up cause I was driving around after changing a sensor).

Anyone have any idea what the ticket entails? Is it a fix-it ticket? Or is actually considered a moving violation? Approx. cost? I told the cop straight up I don’t like the look of it on the front of my car…and he agreed (he was probably 27 or 28) but said he’d have to ticket me anyway but would let the inspection slide. Nice guy over all.

put it on, pay the fine.

Its not a fix it ticket, gotta pay the 150 or so. I’ve had like 5 of those now.

Well since I demodded, yes I’ll put it (I forgot about it cause I’m so used to not having it). But I’m asking about the ticket. I ASSUME it’s a fix-it (pay the fine, done) type ticket. No points or anything correct?

x2

Damn. $150? Crazy.

no points

$125+surcharge…which was $55 last time i checked

Oh well. Guess I’m out $180.

its a live and learn ticket.

yes and no, while the ticket sucks it has gotten me out of much worse in the past. If you are a law obiding citizen…put it back on lol

damn NYS laws. front plates detract from the good looks of most good looking cars

I NEVER had one one my Mach 1, as there were no holes in the front bumper, and id be goddamned if i was drilling it to put one on. I used the just bought it and nowhere to put one excuse the ONE time i got yanked for speeding…

That’s what I told the cop and he actually put that on the ticket so the court knows I said it lol.

its a live and learn ticket man. you get it, you go “im…dumb.” pay the ticket , put it on to satisfy the law. done deal. live, and learn

front plates exist for meter maids and revenue. it sucks but if you dont like it, move or get the tickets

I only got stopped once for this before (6 months ago - didn’t have it on for a total of like 1.5 years) and told the cop my bracket that holds it broke and I have one on order. He bought it. I should have played that card again instead of being honest. Oh well…at least me ‘hands are clean’ lol.

so if it doesn’t come stock with a front plate bracket does it make not having a front plate legal?

you can be like jeff and bend the fuck out of your plate and shove it in your bumper

no. you mount it however you need to. smart dealerships leave it up to the buyer to decide if they want holes or alternate mounting.

+1, but i would NEVER drill holes in a nice car… i told the guys at the dealership if i showed up to pickup the mach and there was a plate attached to the front, to rip up the papers and the deal was off lol