No Front Plate Ticket - Approx. Cost?

ok well what about this as a compromise? my neighbor’s got one for his miata http://www.teammiata.com/mall/TM305.aspx

i got one last year in colonie and the judge just dropped it

Supra doesn’t have one, and theres no holes, and i dont plan on drilling. I’ll just have to pay the ticket.

Problem is, you usually get nailed with everything else that your car has thats illegal, so its a lose-lose.

Yup, and if you did drill it, i dont know you, but id find you, and give you a firm slap :lol

my buddy ordered a new GTI when they first came out. specifically said “NO FRONT PLATE MOUNT” on the purchase order… went to pick it up. some doofus sales man was outside drilling 3/4" holes , crooked and offcenter in his new cars bumper… he pointed out on the order where it said that. the sales manager wasnt very happy. just cost them over 1000$ to fix it. :lol

fuck front plates, how often do you get the ticket. pay it and forget about it.

I’ve been driving around without a front plate for about 4 years now. Got pulled over twice by the same Colonie cop who I let allowed to tell me the “You know why I’m pulling you over speech” twice until he looked into the window just to laugh and say “Hi, Vlad, when did you get this car?” :lol

The only time I actually got a ticket for it, was when I went down to the city (NYC) to pick up the Miata. I didn’t bring any tools to secure the plate on with, so I put the rear plate on hand-tight with the assumption that if it falls off during the ride back, at least I will have another plate.

Left the car parked to visit Manhattan, just to come back and find a no-front plate ticket left at my car (55$ IIRC).

That was the only time I got nailed with it, and thats when I wasn’t even in the car :confused

i got a couple in my 01’Gt, none in my 04’ Mach, and i think 1 in my 94…

Yeah, I think next year I’m gonna try and run without a front plate again. I got stopped quite a few times when the car had the 240sx front on it without a plate. But this year with the Silvia front I had the plate on and was never seemed to attract attention. So Fuck It, no plate next year. $150 ticket isn’t to bad, no points is a plus.

But we all know police see it like this when it comes time to let someone off tickets

Domestic>Import

Another reason i dont own one, they are big targets from the PO9, not all the time, but most

might have to agree with you, but only half-heartedly

yeah, can you blame them if i was a cop, id pull fart can hondas over all day

i WILL be doin that :haha

:lol

Me Too!!!

I’m just a Maxima lol. Not even riced out. I’m completely back to stock haha.

I’ll go to court…see if I can get it dropped (my brother got a limo tint ticket dropped by the judge). I’ll be going after work, so I’ll be decked out in some schnazy clothes as I always look my best at work. If not…$180 it is. No biggie.

It’s the same courtroom that I got sentenced in for a high speed chase…long story…if ya’ll wanna know I can make a story thread about it lol…so I hope it’s not the same lady. She was MAD at me. I thought she was gona come over the bench and bitch slap my ass (I was 16 - I’m 21 now).

:ohnoes

I paid between 80-100 for my fromt plate tickets I used to get.

The funny thing is, I would get them all the time in my previous cars, but with the Corvette, they don’t even look twice. Kinda fucked.

by your logic, i guess cops don’t have a clue what kind of car i drive then.

:nod. havent got pulled over ONCE since i did that.

still has to be 1 ft or something off the ground to be legal. mines like…4 inches? ::slight_smile: ;D

It takes a real man to admit that.

The new Civic will not have a front plate. I’ll just keep it in the car for when I get pulled over… Then I can tell the cop “Sir… It’s a Civic. Who puts a front plate on a Civic? Seriously.”