No Front Plate Ticket = City of Buffalo

I’m not going to turn this into a boohoo case for myself. I bought a car without a front plate bracket and I got pulled over without a front plate on my car in the city, my bad. Now I have a court date set up for this in two weeks, is it worth fighting? I finally got the dealer to order a bracket for me so the problem will be fixed before I go to court. Any chance this gets dropped in the city?

Also, my next question is does anyone have any idea how much the fine would be if I just pay it? I want to weigh my options and see if it’s worth the hassle to use vacation time from work and sit in court for hours to not have it dropped anyway.

Lastly, would a car pass inspection without a bracket for a front plate? My dad brought up this argument if I have to pay for this, that the dealer should be at fault since they sold me the car without the front bracket. Every car sale in NY has a NYS inspection included in the purchase price, I just didn’t know if that was part of the requirement for passing inspection. I tried searching for some info but couldn’t find anything to answer my questions. Thanks all.

I’m just surprised that you got pulled over in the city of buffalo for that

The parking douches can write them. The same one wrote me for them 3 days in a row when I had my GTO down there at Canisius. Fought them all successfully, told them it was an NC car with no place for a front plate and showed them an order for a bracket.

I actually got pulled over for this near my house. Guess my 5 series might seem out of place in my neighborhood. Worst part is I explained all of this to the office, showed him my frony plate which was in my back seat, and he still wanted to make up for his manhood and write the ticket anway. He also asked me if I wanted to go to jail because I asked for a warning, guess it just wasnt his day.

I’m really surprised you got pulled over for that. I haven’t had a plate on the front in about a year, been pulled over 3 times, and have never been ticketed for no front plate. I’m pretty sure it’s like an $18 fine though or something really small.

when a dealer sells a car it is inspected THEN registered. front plates are not part of inspection anyway. So that point is definitely no something you are going to argue with any success. I can’t help you with any other part of your post.

I got a ticket for no front plate while parked on Englewood 2 years ago. right after I pulled out of the parking spot, I got pulled over by the SAME cop who issued the ticket while I was parked, and he gave me ANOTHER front plate ticket. 2 front plate tickets in under 35 minutes by the same cop.

shitheads.

I would definitely like to hear some opinions on this. I also recently bought a car without a front plate bracket and haven’t put one on yet. As for inspection, I just got mine inspected without it so I don’t think it matters.

Bro, I was pulled over in the city of buffalo for having my registration sticker placed above my inspection sticker. He asked me if I thought I was “being cute” by putting my sticker there. It was a casual stop at 11 pm on a Sunday night. Nothing else wrong with my car, that’s why he pulled me over.

Budget crisis! They got a solid $80 and a good amount of time from me. Brutal

From my personal experience, just plead guilty. Give them your money, its all they want. Your time is prob more valuable than that

Those meter maids are real fggts.

Shitty man but no front plate tickets are nothing. You don’t have to worry. I’m really surprised you got pulled over tho. One time I was kinda rompin on in between lights leaving work and a cop turned his lights on and pulled up next to my car. I was like ok what is he doing. He yells out the window, “hey stop driving like an asshole! Your not impressing anyone in your little matchbox car”. I honestly didn’t know what to say lol he proceeded to tell me to slow down and left.

Got pulled over in amherst for no front plate. Went to court and when I saw the prosecutor, he asked why I had no front plate. Told him that I bought the car that way and there is no bracket, and I have been meaning to make one but work 55 hours a week and generally busy. He told me to go get a bracket that day and if he saw me again he wouldn’t toss out the ticket. Yeah I sill have no front plate.

I was running late for work one day and in NT I was in the right lane to pass all the cars in the left lane at a light. Light turned green a second before I got to it and didn’t see the cop waiting at the light to turn right… the direction I was going, I was already putting down 285whp when I saw the cop. He flipped on the lights and pulled me over. walks up to my car and said don’t do that again, and have a good day. I was dumb founded.

I was pulled over for no front plate a few years ago: on chippewa, on the night before thanksgiving, when the bars were letting out.

A fight actually started and the officer saw it and continued writing the ticket. Seriously?

Is the court you’re scheduled to go to the TVB or Traffic Violations Bureau? Or is that only for moving violations?

I got a speeding ticket in Buffalo on the 190 last year and I did some research and I was scheduled to go to the TVB. It’s apparently a court that’s barely constitutional and you’re pretty much always guilty.

Cliffs - If this is something you have to go to the TVB for, just mail the money in because you’re fucked. That’s what I did for my speeding ticket. :fu:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

When I first bought my camaro it had not bracket or anything and I got pulled over 4 times for no front plate. The first 3 times were in Utica and each cop gave me a warning and told me just to get a plate on it, the 4th time was in New Hartford and he gave me a ticket for 75$ and did not accept the “it didn’t come with a plate bracket” excuse. Pulled over 4 times in 2 weeks for it haha.

Negative re: TVB meaning automatically guilty- I received a speeding ticket on the 33 once upon a time. Officer wrote the ticket incorrectly and didn’t show up for court to correct/explain it; “judge” threw it out.

I just paid one it was 25 bucks in Cheektowaga and I’ve had a euro plate on my car for over a year this is the first time I’ve gotten one

I see. You might have just gotten lucky though.

Amherst is brutal it’s Luke they are their own state lol

You can not be issued 2 of the same tickets in one day… This cop rapped you