No Front Plate Ticket - Approx. Cost?

Thanks ;D

Quite clearly the ‘salesman’ in question was a retard. The GTI’s come with a special brackett that can be fitted to the grille insert and it’s not something that gets installed with a drill…what a moron. I’m surprised the dealership paid ‘$1,000’ to fix it instead of grabbing a non-molested grille off of another car that hadn’t been prepped yet. Hooray for idiocy

oh yeah, idiot is right. i think the guy assumed it was a mk4, where the plate bracket isnt fancy. i hate my front plate, but atleast when i do take it off, the bumper isnt wrecked, and its only the rubstrip anyway. ive seen some dealers do some terrible things when installing add ons and plates. when i worked at langan, and old tech that was there was installing a mk4 jetta wing… put some gnarly holes in the decklid, nothing in the holes to prevent rust, so im sure over time that trunk lid, if not already will be rotting(this was 01-02)

I got a ticket for no front plate …cost me 120.00 in may

surcharge went up to 85 in NY if your ticket was after august 1 2008

WTF!?

I’m getting a plate bracket and getting that plate on ASAP. Going to try to get the DA to look at the car and drop it or lower the fine to like $60 or something.

Damn…motherfuckers cant feed the kids with a $55 surcharge anymore…

i wonder who and how they figure what the ticket costs? this is in no way a danger or thread on a moving or a nonmoving vehicle and a ticket is 100+??? :nuts :nuts

i got nailed back in sept in my jetta.i payed 145 like in colonie, so the plate stays on till the weather is warm again. or i take it off to take picture and whatnot.

now the cobra has no holes and no front plate, ill just keep paying the ticket as im not putting one on it.

I got a front plate ticket like 2 months ago…

ticket itself was only 40$…the sure charge was 80 :headbang

Thanks. Albany or somewhere else?

$120 is better than $190.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Ghost112/92%20Hatch/0714081615d-1-1.jpg
My 240 in the summer.

the blue “empire state” section folded 90 degress, and the newyork section bent 45 degrees and mounted underneath. not 100% legal, but they cant pull the “you dont have a front plate” b.s

I dont want to post a pic w/o his permission but ask Fn’Skanks for a pic of the front of his car, and his license plate.

thats still illegal, under the it is unlawful to alter or modify statute

Malta…

went through a road block on exit 11 getting on the northway…Officer told me to pull over cause my registration was up? I was like no its not I just got the car…He looked at it again, argued with me and I proved him wrong…then he told me to pull over and gave me a front plate ticket :headbang :headbang

yes, but they cant say i dont have one. and i dont think theres a ticket for modified lecense plate. ill be damned if i drill holes. they can :giggedy there selfs

its also not clearly visible, you could still get a ticket for it if they want to be be nit pickers.

After getting pulled over 4 times in one week in Colonie(no tickets, just asking where it is and telling me to put it on) I just learned to put it on, who gives a fuck really? I’ll take my car looking “stupid” with a front plate rather than “keep paying the fine because I refuse to put it on because it looks stupid”. Fuck that, that’s $100+ I can keep in my pocket and all I had to do was bolt up a plate.

I dont know about you but theirs no place on the front of my car for even a plate frame and their is no way in hell im drilling holes anywhere…

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/P1030357.jpg

There is…that plastic grill comes out and the plate has mounting bracket for in there or they make one for the actual bumper also

not on the SLP grills they dont.

If I took the grill off, then yes I see what your saying…but thats not gonna happen.