Town of Tonawanda no front plate ticket question

No I am not complaining, it is my own fault for not getting around to ordering a front plate bracket. The car came from Ohio so I need to get one myself.

Anyways just wondering if anyone knew what this is going to cost? The cop told me if I attached it to the bumper and take a picture the D.A. will usually drop it if you do not have any other violations.

Thanks for any info

When you get a fixable ticket, you can only get it dropped within 24 hours of receiving said ticket.

Assuming its been past 24 hours for you, it is most likely going to be 100-150$ like every other non-moving violation.

thats not always true. I had a no front plate ticket dropped but it sucked because i had to sit in court for a couple hours to see the DA, then it was dropped. But i would def fix it within 24 hrs to save the court trip.

i got a no front plate in buffalo, cop told me if i put it on and take a picture the ticket will be dropped
i went to court pleading not guilty and told the judge and he said the cop was full of shit and it doesn’t work like that
i have to go back to court this wednesday to see what happens

lol, well thats the city of buffalo for ya.

yea mike buffalo does not plea down or dismiss lol

Ohio has 2 plates… so that excuse won’t fly.

really? I just figured since the car was originally sold to the 1st owner in Ohio (I am the second) and didn’t have holes or brackets that they were 1 plate. O well wasn’t trying to make excuses just me being lazy and never got around to doing it.

Town of Tonawanda dropped the no front plate ticket I got in the spring. Just fix it and take a picture with you. The sucky part is waiting in court.

cool, ah I really don’t want to drill this bumper haha

Duct tape it on just for the pic.

I zip tied mine on.

Not on the car in my sig. Just zip tied it right to the grill on my DD…

I bought a Rhoplate. It screwed into my tow bracket so I didn’t have to make holes in my bumper.

I don’t know what kind of car you have, so I can’t tell you if that is an option. Check the website out…

I got a front plate ticket once. The cop told me that cars without a front plate are usually stolen cars, that’s why we need a front plate… hahaha.

Anyway, I didn’t have holes in my bumper for one either. I went to court, talked to the DA, said that I bought the car in Florida (i did) and there weren’t any holes to mount the plate, and that in 2 years i hadn’t had a single issue until now. She just said make sure the plate is displayed from here on and dropped the ticket. That was in orchard park.

I dont have a spot for a front plate on my car because it would ruin the smile…

Yup, the wife is from Ohio. Just saying don’t use that excuse in court because you will look silly when they say Ohio has two plates like NY.

I got a ticket once for my license plate light being out… The officer also told me that if I fixed it within 24 hours and take a picture it would be dropped. I didn’t do it within 24 hours and it only cost me $70.

:clap:

I drove my M3 for two years with no issues. This past summer I got pulled over in Hamburg for no front plate and ticketed for it. Same reason as mentioned above, got the run down that front plates are required so that if a car is stolen and the car is coming towards the officer, then their in dash cam can catch the plate number… uhhh ??? So whatever, two weeks later I got pulled over for same thing in OP. Cop was cool, chatted it up with me for a bit and let me go. Before doing so he asked if there was something wrong with my exhaust system… I think he was trying to make a point with some humor. Ticket cost me 55 bucks and the time I spent in Hamburg town Court.