Drove a WS6

My thoughts are slightly biased cause i don’t really care for GM products except ls’s. but i really wanted to understand why people like this things so much. so got in it thinking maybe i’ll under stand it. anyway my friend has a very stock 2000 ws6, took it for spin today. at first just sitting in it, it feels like your in a big Lincoln or something. looking out over the hood seems like it never ends. get in and close the door and it makes a clunking noise even with the window up. car only has about 92k on it. starts right up, sounds good. 1st gear is nice goes in easily, clutch lets out smoothly. but the top of my feet touch the top of the under dash cover, boy is it annoying when going from gas to brake. my feet aren’t that big. seats are surprisingly decent. pull out and get on it easy, goes easy. shifting is not very smooth, didn’t seem to want to go into a couple gears. TC button looks like something aftermarket, looks like shit. radio sounds good. buttons on the steering wheels feel fake. ac is COLD, GM knows how to do AC.

full throttle 1-3rd feels good, but nothing that awesome, really needs more power for a 3500lb car. handling is pretty decent, but it does have 275s front and rear. brakes are decent but can still feel the nose dive really hard. thought this has a handlling package, it doesn’t feel horrible on the street figured it would be smoother for how much it dives. power is nice and smooth. sounds good.

I guess for the money its not a bad car but theres nothing really that nice. personally the exterior is just ugly, the wing, the tail lights, i really just can’t seem to find any reason to like them. So it must be the ease of reaching 450-500hp. it might be a bit more impressive with that much power, but the exterior and interior plastic is just really hard to get over. what am i missing?

On-Topic
(1 Viewing)

Serious Discussions and debates not related to Automobiles. Forum Rules are strictly enforced. No Post whoring, flaming, thread hijacking or smart ass replies.

what did you truely expect out of it? high 12s low 13s isnt bad stock

youre in a car with 100k on it and you expect it to ride like new?

they are also heavier then 3500lbs

you dont buy a fbody for creature comforts you buy it cause you want performance

Used Car and Driver Report

you drove a ws6?? awesome thread

go you!!!

i owned one…oh snap

Agree with the OP. Fbodys aren’t eye candy. In the end it’s all about how they perform. Damn well for typical cam heads and intake.
as with any GM interior is very bland / generic looking for the money that they sell for. I’m not a fan of luxury interiors, GM’s never did it for me interior wise. Super cheap looking compared to the money that they sold for NEW

Fbodys used on the market is the bang for buck no doubt.

I expected a bit more push back into the seat, butt dyno, and bit less body roll. if this is a handling package, i’d really hate to drive one with out. I’m interested in road course performance well over 1/4 mile performance. 92k doesn’t seem like a hole lot of miles to me. 13s is good stock. it turns ok but most cars with 275s on all 4 is gonna turn. what does it cost to get an ls1 up to 400-450hp? 3500lb+/under 300hp isn’t bad performance, guess GM couldn’t have a car that could beat the vette in a strait line. now if you spend a couple thousand and get 400 out of it thats not bad if you can live with the rest of the ugly and theres alot of ugly.

its the burn outs right? just too easy too spin them, everybody loves burn outs.

Meh, they’re cheap, decently fun, loud, easy to mod, cheap to mod. Good car for a kid, I guess.

my car has 14k on it and its slow and handles like shit… its fuckin 10 years newer then the ws6 GOOO GM

The LS1 WS6/SS were pretty impressive 12 years ago when they first came out. Their basic design architecture is from 1993 (with a light refresh + newer engine in 98) so of course the interior is going to feel a bit dated compared to more modern cars… but back then nothing else could touch its performance bang for the buck. These things were about as quick as the contemporary 996 Porsche 911 Carerra in the 1/4 for a fraction of the price.

You want comfort and luxury, buy a lexus. You are rating a 10 year old car with almost 100k on it. Of course it’s going have a few rattles. Drive a modded one sometime. They are a lot different than stock.

want to flame so bad… stupid on topic…

Bro, N/A V8 power is not going to feel anything like turbo 4 power. V8 is very linear and smooth, turbo kicks in and throws you back in the seat more. Feels much faster. I swear to this day that old Talon I used to have felt way faster than my Vette, and I know for a fact that Vette is at LEAST a second and a half faster in the 1/4.

Same as Whitey’s car. It feels WAY faster than my Vette, but in actuality…

^ good point bro.

*  Home
* Forum
* General
<b>* Off-Topic</b>
* Drove a WS6

Damn no0bs

Drove darkstars mum. Fresh tune up good to go till october.

a camaro/ws6 is a POS. It was a POS when it came out and still is today. That car was the nail in the coffin for GM muscle cars in the early 2000’s because it sucked so bad, anyone who bought one is fucking retarded.

Man am i retarded!!

agreed this thread is gay, but so is getting upset over it. at least i tried to make it a bit less boring.

we know, you don’t have to tell us again. :slight_smile: