drunk halloweiner post from the Cutlass King...bee ohh fuckin bee

Your baseless “facts” about why PSU and Pitt do not play is what makes you a Pitt homer (in addition to pretty much every other post you have ever made in a college football thread on here). What exactly is your point about rivalries? I totally agree they can be great, I loved the days of PSU playing Pitt and WVU as I went to tons of those games from around 1980 on.

However, clearly people are still interested in PSU football without the need for such hyped rivalry games as PSU brings in 70k + just to watch the team scrimmage itself (check attendance for the blue/white game the past number of years) and goes 100K+ against pretty much anyone and 107k+ sellout the majority of the time. So while such a rivalry game would definitely benefit Pitt in increased ticket sales (especially if they only sell the PSU tickets as part of a package of several games as they did in the past) such a game really does not present much, if any, benefit to Penn State while comong at the expense of the revenue from a home game.