DSBLK93GT Cleaned up my ride!

And it needed it BAD! I suck when it comes to keeping the paint nice. Neglect the hell out of it, not to mention put 30k a year on it…so this was long overdue.

I wish the nose wasn’t so pitted and beat up…gonna have to get that painted this winter.

Thanks Dave it’s amazing. Now I gotta clean the inside to make it match!

Looks great. Pretty sure I saw you headed south on 87 near exit 24 on…Monday?

Maybe Thursday…came back on Sunday.

Yep, that was it!

Came out great. Any idea what products were used and steps?

awesome job.

I don’t…I am sure Dave will chime in eventually.

Your welcome!!!

Black lambs wool pad with DeWalt rotary as step one with Megs 105, then DA polisher with 205 and LC tangerine pad, then black/gray pad with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant.

Next year I would like to have my car detailed. Nothing aggressive. But it needs a good clay bar or buffing. Always afraid the person will burn some of the finish off. Scares the shit out of me when I hear nightmare stores.

There are only a couple very fine scratches and a couple water spots that spray wax won’t remove on the hatch.

Car looks great!

I have been doing this for 17+ yrs, and if someone is using a rotary and doesn’t know what they are doing they can definitely do some damage. I will post up some pics of a Harley F250 I did that a body shop buffed out it was horrible. You car sounds like it would be pretty easy.

Red paint is so delicate… I don’t know which is worse, red or black? lol Both are high maintenance. By spring the car will be 4 1/2 years old and do for some professional treatment. I have only hand waxed it once since owning it. The rest of the time I just use a quality quick detail spray wax.

M105 and M205 work great!

Yes they do. I also use a few different Menzerna polishes quite often. I like there stuff a lot. I have used the Presta line as well and really like that on single stage paints. 3M makes some products I like as well but they are pricey.

One thing I hate about the M105 is that its hard to remove after polishing.

I tried Poorboys SSR2 and it wiped off so nice. I may grab some of their SSR2.5 and SSR3 for some real heavy correction and see how I like them. SSR3 is right on par with M105 per this chart: Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart

why the magnum front end? ive always thought the 300 front end looked pretty nice. better headlight output too with the HID’s

Aside from the fact that I prefer the MagnumSRT8 nose, do you do mod your car to make it different than everyone elses?

Anyway, regarding the headlights, HID’s are an option on the 300c, this car is not an SRT8. This one came with projectors and no HID’s so the Magnum headlights are actually waaaaaay brighter.

Menzerna products FTW

whoa gramps relax. just asking why, and stating my opinion. maybe it was wrecked and thats why, didnt know.

what bulbs do the magnum lights use, and what does the 300c non hid use?

I’m relaxed…just replied to a question with a question…and you can leave the gramps shit out of the post…I’m not THAT old.

The Magnum and Non HID 300 both use the same bulb…so looking through that POS projector lens without an HID kills the light output.