DSM differences?

the blue dsm’s are faster then the red ones, and the orange ones taste a lot fuckin better then the black and white ones…

ohh, they have hissy things under the hoods…

all the wheels move by the hissy tingy…

thats about it =)

hope that helpeddeddd

lol:lolsign:

evo’s what is considered faster then dsm’s what?

That works! Just make sure your swapping a 4G63 for a 4G63. The 4G63 to 420a swap isn’t worth the effort and money.

well i have a 420a in a 2nd gen in there now so bad idea to swap?

this thread is rampant with glaring misinformation.

i dont know where to begin. if people would just do searches and do some research and ask more informed questions, it would be much better. but, i suppose people that dont know anything would still respond and muck it up anyway, so… :bloated:

Unless you have money to blow, and know how to weld and have a parts car. Much easier to sell what you have and just buy one that came turbo stock.

pft ill just keep this as a dd and buy one lol…

but i just bought it and not a bad price for it.

Hypothetical:

For a NA application only (I am a pussy, turbos scare me), what would be the best to swap into a '90 Galant GSX? (original 4g63 NA, AWD)

Would the 4g69 work, or did the flywheel migrate to the other side? 4g64?

I wants siq torque, and to start dumb arguements.

ive never heard of a 4g69.

you could swap in a 4g64 block, and still used the 4g63 head. that would up the displacement by 25% and would help with torque… although, im not sure the increased weight would justify the minimal siqqqqq torque increase.

Stock for stock, the 4g64 has 26% more torque.

Increased weight?, I was under the impression that they were both cast iron fours. I didn’t know the 4g64 weighed ~750 pounds more than the 4g63, thank you for your input.

Weight? For someone that talks about a thread “rampant with glaring misinformation” you sure don’t know very much, do you? Let me guess, you also drive a non-turbo Eclipse that you like to call a DSM? Go home n00b.

The 3S platform is not a DSM…

the 91 stealth that i had said dsm under the hood on the vin tag

go do your research, its not a DSM.

All 3000GT’s, Stealth’s, Eclipse’s, Laser’s and Talon’s 1994 and prior said DSM on them. For the 1995 model year and forward they were just ‘Mitsubishi Motors.’

edit but that doesn’t mean 3000GT’s and Stealth’s are considered DSM’s.

A joint effort by Mitsubishi (three diamonds) and the Chrysler Corporation (penta-star) to build some of the most incredible automobiles in the world. The vehicles were produced with the names Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Plymouth Laser. DSM cars are assembled in Normal, Illinois. The '94-and-up Mitsubishi Galant is also assembled at the DSM plant in IL; previous Galant’s were assembled in Japan. The Eclipse and Galant (since '89) share the same platform.

I understand where people get confused…I had a 3000GT and Stealth turbo, but I’ve done my research within the 6 years that I owned those cars.

ive had 5 of the 3s cars and currently still have 2 and the 1991 stealth i had the vin plate said dsm. Im not arguing because i dont care who made it, just stating what it said

My friends Stealth said DSM all under the hood too. I don’t know if we shipped those parts to Japan or if the cars were assembled here. I was under the impression they were built here.

stealtth is correct all 3s cars were built in japan im not sure why some 1st gen cars had dsm tags.