DSM guys, I have a 4g63 Q...

So on a local board out here in Killa Kali there’s this kid w/ a 1g. He usually runs 13.1-13.2 very consistent. Well he just blew his head gasket (or so he claims) and now he’s running mid 12s with it like that. He swears up and down his better times are due to the blown head gasket and says it’s common umongst 4g63s.

I don’t buy it… not for a second. But he’s got “experts” to back him up and say it cools the intake charge etc. and is akin to water injection. :kekegay: Then he posted on another board and about half a dozen DSM guys reply saying yeah, they see that all the time. WTF!?!

A blown head gasket is going to mean lost effective compresion as the charge just blows out. And/or hydro lock as too much coolant gets into the cylinder. Water injection is a whole other story. It’s a very small amount of water sprayed waaaaaay upstream of the actual combustion chamber in controled amounts. With the hot intake charge it’s probably mostly vapor by the time it gets to the combustion chamber anyway.

This kid just won’t quit though. :jerkit: He swears his blown head gasket is netting him over half a second ET. So I guess my question is this… anybody ever heard this shit before? :dunno:

-TJ

no I actually just read an article about water injection. it is sprayed at 220psi with a 50% mix of alcohol so it is just a vapor that cools not like dumping in water.

as you said he would lose effective compression etc etc. he has something else going on other than a head gasket. also if the gasket is bad there would be a crap load of white smoke and it would smell sweet.

Like I said water injection is way different.

And I haven’t seen the car in person to look/smell for smoke since the supposed blown head gasket.

-TJ

uhhhh never heard of that ever happening. something else is going on, possibly boost creep or its spiking. causing him to run the faster times. if the headgasket was blown it would run, but not for long. coolant in the bearings isnt a good thing.

x2 that’s what I said. There’s about a million different reasons motors die w/ a blown head gasket. Lost compresion, hyrdo-lock, cylinder and/or bearing wash down, etc. This little fool just will not give up that his blown head gasket is making him faster and has a whole slew of supposed DSM experts saying it’s common. I swear, ppl here in Cali are just dumb. :rant: :jerkit:

-TJ

this guy is a fuckin retard. i have seen MAAANY MANY DSM’s with headgaskets blown…ive experienced it first hand and it runs like royal asshole. since when does oil and coolant ignite. this guys a fuckin moron. and water injection is just a way of making the charge more dense. its sprayed at such a high psi that its just a mist and thats why it works so good, and they usually use a alcohol/menathonal injection which evaporates very quickly compared to water which is why it works so good. it is able to dissapate the heat more effeciently because it evaporates so fast. as for the blown headgasket makin a car run better…the DUMBEST thing i have EVER heard.