DSM Kids - Opinions.

fuck, you know how many times i had to help my dad find parts for my sisters DSM’s ?

i swear to god … i seriously swear on my life, to god, that there are STILL jack stand rust stains on the driveway from my sistesrs dsm’s constantly being worked on in the driveway

ive pointed them out many times to friends, they are real, they are permanent

Based on the finances I’d say don’t do it, you don’t want to take a loan out on a car that could end up being a paperweight. On top of that they are very maintenance heavy cars. If you had the cash to but it outright I’d say go for it as the 1st gens are sexy as hell

But keep in mind the best maintenance in the world won’t make up for the fact it’s almost or is 15 years old. It’s going to need something sooner or later. Granted without seeing it in person it’s hard to really tell also.

In the end it’s your choice and it could be possible that you won’t have any issues. The oil burning on startup might be a possible issue, then again it could last for years and not be an issue as long as the oil level is maintained. Though it’s odd it’s doing that after a rebuild.

But the idea of making payments on a broken car is not fun. Granted the loan payments would probably be in the $150ish range.

just get a honda, any one

dumbest idea ever?

lol…The Frost Bytes again!

Seriously this man knows what he is talking about. In fact I agree so much that I will buy him dinner before the end of the month.

not a great Idea for the situation you are in.

Can I mention that I don’t have ANY bills? Except my credit card, and I only have that to establish credit.

Funny thing about bills. It just starts with one, then two, then three. It adds up quickly. Plus say for instance you get in an accident, someone hits you. You still have to pay the loan off, which really blows not a good situation to be in. And sadly that was the case with my first vehicle.

you will. Your gonna do what you are gonna do and it sounds like your mind is made up. Good luck, come see me when you need help.

It sounds like you really want it pretty badly.

Do what YOU want…but if you buy it, definatley sign up on wnydsm.org and you will be in good hands. When done right, DSM’s can be one hell of a car. :tup:

I love mine. and it’s only fwd.

buy skrappers car

Exactly what I would say except… I love mine because its AWD!

lol. not for sale…untill I am done with it.

sry double post

Been there. I wouldn’t do it. That said I look forward to seeing the “well I got it” post.

You could probably find one with less miles and cheaper and a little less sketchy sounding. Just my 2 cents. Also, try not to have a car loan for as long as you can, specially if it’s for a car that’s old.

there really isn’t any 1g’s left that are in amazing condition. They haven’t made them since like 1994 (13 years ago) and I agree with Matt and Joe…Don’t buy a DSM if you can’t do the work yourself or don’t have extra money just laying around, or a warm place to work on it. it will become your biggest nightmare.

+1

Theres more than plenty of people on here (including myself) that would be willing to lend a hend / tools if need be.

2 more weeks and ill be buying a mitsu thats at least 6 years older than that with rod knock that puts Dos’s lexus to shame. It also has slight body rust. Why? becuase I can and want to. And thats all that really matters

your buying the flatty?

Buy it.Dsm’s are sweet

:wink:

and one thing you must remember

your insurance WILL go up significantly, since the car would have a lein on the title.

Dawn I think I know you well enough to be able to say this…but you’re a fool to buy this and expect it to last more then a season. Not trying to hate, just being real with you.