DSM PPL?

Looking to pick a few brains about DSM’s…

Helpful info,tips n tricks…

Thanks guys

PSI2Hi should chime in here if he doesn’t, you can PM him. Allstar graphics, same deal.

Not sure on others.

Ok, look forward to picking there minds…

I’ll pm him in alil while if doesn’t chime in…

im sure a few more will pop in. whats on your mind friend??

Few things… really to much to type but in a nut shell…

Im pullin my head off n replacing it( mine lost the rockers,possible bent valves not sure) found one for sale(150$ complete), just need some things to look for to make sure its a good head thatll fit my car… claims its off a 4g63 turbo motor…

Also gunna change my T-B( due to rockers being wedged against cam n head) it seems it ripped teeth off at the crank…

Is there a easy way?,rite way?, to removing all these parts, I’m guessing all the acc. Parts must be pulled b4 head(powersterring,alt.a/c)…

Along with the turbo,intake,plugs,fuel lines etc…
Or can all these be pulled with the head n swapped over on my bench…

Iv done complete build UPS before (5.0’s n big block chevys) but never this lol…

Just hearing/reading ppl having it be a pain in the ass to do…

Timing marks are a nite mare I’m reading?..

Timing usually takes a few attempts. You line it up, release the tesioner, turn the engine over by hand and see if they line back up. If not, repeat. It blows… If Psi2high helps you out make sure everything was torqued correctly such as lug nuts. LoL.

It’s not the worst thing I’ve ever done, but if I had to choose between a swift kick in the balls and a 4G63 head or belt replacement then I would have to think for a minute or 2. If your not sure exactly what to do the best thing you can do is buy a repair manual for the car. It’ll give you decent step by steps and torque specs. Also thats an interference motor so you might want to pull the head and see if there is any piston damage.

op, id also replace the timing belt tensioner, the tensioner arm, and the ting belt bearings. also replace the balance shaft belt (if the balance shafts have not been removed already) also buy a set of 3g revised lifters (they fix the lifter tick thses cars have). for timing the motor the correct way, go to extremepsi.com and buy their timing belt install kit (thses tools will make the job ALOT easier, and you WILL be doing this more than once in your lifetime…its a dsm thing lol). as far as taking things off of the head, id undo the turbo from the manifold (keep the intake and exhaust manifolds on the car, its alot easier to switch them to the other head when it is off of the car) but everything else can be removed. the p/s can be unbolted and tucked away, you will want as much room as possible to get your paws in there. other than that all of the obvious things need to be taken off and fluids drained. oh…BUY OEM PARTS!!! extremepsi.com has all of the OEM parts you will need at very good prices! good luck

Yea pretty much what Jeff said sums it up. Stick with a 4 layer stock head gasket with some arp studs. As far as timing replace the water pump while you are in there and make sure to get a brand new tensioner and timing belt as these are the most important pieces to the whole swap.

finish your jeep first numbnuts

Thanks guys…
Sean ill see you tomorrow,thanks again for the helpful info…

Games begin tomorrow…

Hahaahaa Ur too funny Rob, I gotta get this back n running, its my DD…
Thought id save on fuel…

extremepsi is a good place, ive known the owner for a while

Got a quick question for you DSM boys. My buddys got a 2G GSX and he wants to replace the ebay FMIC and plumbing kit that came on it. Dose anyone make a bolt in kit or one that needs small modification. Previous owner butchered the front bumper to use this kit.

I know nothing about junk dsm’s but you can pm me and I’ll pretend to tell you the right info. And if it takes more then once to line up your 4g63 tbelt… Stop working on dsm’s =):excited

^ true story.

greddy 24r

so whos coming by sat to help tear this pos apart??!!

beers on me!!!

Would anyone happen to have an un-cracked valve cover for a 4g63t that they would be willing to part with for a decent price?