dsm/srt4/neon guys.....i gots a question

i was asking the question so i can clean the potential shit out of the threads in the block…thats all i wanted a tap for, i mean if i can actually do more damage than good i wont do it…

we got a set of arp head studs to go in, but that block sat a while with no head, i eman for a good 6-10 mos… before it went in to the shop, and my friend never got it hot tanked or re-surfaced or any of that cleaning goodness, only a light hone job… and it looks like theres alot of oil and other shit from the block sitting. i mean i just wanted to do this properly instead of building a bunk motor.

denton, will oiling the new head studs with wd40 or something and running them in and out a couple times really clean it out that good???

also, instead of starting a new thread…on the head where the cams ride, it looks to be some type of scoring, like some scratches…same thing on the cams, are these ok to use or no…ill post pics tomarrow, to show you guys exactly what im talking about…but i was just wondering, cause id rather not swap the head from my frends current motor to the 2.4