Dsm vs c6 zo6

http://www.realtimeperformance.ca//newvideos/talonz06race.wmv

ahhh nothin like awd on the street

from a roll it might be a good race

That DSM is making some power…didn’t seem like the Z06 was pulling him at all.

Good video.

nice launch

Its just sad that you put 5k into a dsm and it can beat 80k dollar corvettes :sadwavey:

I agree…that DSM flat out ripped…but if it is an “11 second” DSM that Z06 should have been a lot closer…so some of that can be driver. But there are t ton of cars you can buy and make them low 11 second rides for cheep…but the Z06 does it right out of the box and it’s real element is on a road racing course. Which I am sure that Z06 would run circles around that dsm. At the end of the day I would rather be driving the Z06 even if it is slower

2 step does wonders

it must not have been a real z06… [/domestic excuse] :eek3:

cool to see ppl make cars run with something like that.

when it comes down to it though i’ll take a Z06 anyday over an 11sec (or faster) dsm…“real Z” or not.

The Z06 got beat fair 'n square, and it looks like a legit C6 Z0. Oh well, I’ll still take the Z0 over the DSM any day. I’d like to see them go head to head on a road course, or hell put a decent driver in the Z0. Stock Z0s are solid 11s w/ a good driver, so either that’s a 10 second DSM or the 'vette driver blows.

-TJ

No doubt, I’d rather have the z06 as well. Its just funny, it used to be the imports wanting to take on the v8’s on a road course or “the twisties”- now its the other way around.

Well it’s not like a C6 Z0 isn’t fast straight line. Mid 11s stock and they’re responding GREAT to mods (~460RWHP stock, ~500 headers/tune, ~550 headers/tune/cam). For a street car that’s just not bad. But there’s always somebody faster. So like I said, that’s either a 10 sec DSM or the driver of the Z0 is a douche.

-TJ

so are you saying that no DSM handles?

arent all z06 owners douches? :wink:

That was awesome. But could 5grand really get that DSM to that speed? Maybe ONCE lol

true…but the Z will be able to blast like that for years with no problems. that DSM is lucky to get a season or 2 out of it w/o breaking

Exactly

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying you fucking retard. :nuts:

Remember, I’m an AutoX/Road Course guy. I’ve seen my fair share of awesome handling DSMs. I’m just thinking a DSM setup to run 10s is going to have too big of a turbo and a drag style sups. setup to run w/ a C6 Z0 on a road course. Remember, the C6 Z0 was the 2nd fastest production car around the 'ring.

I resemble that remark.

-TJ

pretty much to end all debate on this , ya, the DSM ran it…thats sweet and everything, but when it comes down to it, the C6 Z still cant be fucked with.

not really a DSM will have the power to run 10’s on a 16G which will have a pretty responsive engine