Dump or recirculate wastegate???

Imo I think when the wastegate is vented to the atmosphere it sounds like complete ass so i was wondering if there was any loss of power when recirculating back in the exhaust. It sounds kinda stupid but I always wondered if it made a difference in power,spool time ect. Thanks in advance.

power loss? maybe… i know with open dump ull gain SOME power… but thats OVER the recirc… if u go at least 18" with the recirc pipe before it rejoins the DP u wont loose that much HP, the longer the runner for it the less ull loose

i like open dump better. it was dyno proven it makes more over recirc and i like the sound when it opens

It’s been dyno proven it will make more power vented to atmosphere. How much more really depends on how much of a restriction the exhaust is by itself, but I’ve seen enough to know I’d never consider recirculating if it wasn’t required for class rules or something.

You can make the dump sound better by lengthening it a bit.

weird i just said that lol

I think it sounds badass. But you won’t lost that much power if you recirculate.

Ok thanks i just heard a video of a 240 with a 38mm wastegate and i really dont like the sound i would rather hear the turbo then that but i guess i could make the dump tube a little bit longer to camn it down.

get a 44mm then

[quote=“layzie,post:8,topic:32394"”]

get a 44mm then

[/quote]

With a T3/T04E i dont think i will need that big of a wastegate.

It will only help. Use a 44mm. You’ll like the sound better.

44 sounds much better

Ok Mike how much for a 44mm wastegate??

[quote=“onefst240,post:12,topic:32394"”]

Ok Mike how much for a 44mm wastegate??

[/quote]

337.50. in stock as usual.

Is your exhaust manifold flanged for a Tial 44mm wastegate?

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:13,topic:32394"”]

337.50. in stock as usual.

Is your exhaust manifold flanged for a Tial 44mm wastegate?

[/quote]

No i bought it w/o a wastegate flange so all i need to do is weld one on.

Excellent. Junior is coming by with more gas in the next few days in case you didn’t know…

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:15,topic:32394"”]

Excellent. Junior is coming by with more gas in the next few days in case you didn’t know…

[/quote]

I thought his so called friend bill was selling it to u now.

pming you.

Also howmuch can u get a Garrett T3/T04E 50 Trim with .63 a/r for?? Thanks

Just got one for another 240sx I was tuning this week, only with a .48 a/r. Either way it’s 775.
How much power did you want to make?

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:19,topic:32394"”]

Just got one for another 240sx I was tuning this week, only with a .48 a/r. Either way it’s 775.
How much power did you want to make?

[/quote]

I want to make around 400-450rwhp