Duramin Express

I heard the EGR block off is pretty much a necessary mod at higher boost . I read that it has issues holding pressure over 22psi. Not sure but several fast guys have stated that on the DD forums.

It’s perfectly fine to adjust line pressure, you dont need to on a built trans because its physically modified to do so already.

I trap whatever you want me to trap. I can keep it in 6th and use my cruise control acceleration button???

ill run ya in the gtp, i have no problem gettin walked by a dirtymax!

that makes sence lol

My truck stock spiked at 28psi so not sure how that makes since. The block doesn’t go it at the valve anyway. It goes in at the end of the cooler.

the cleaner intake tract is worth doiin the block off lol

that’s about it. It cuts out the soot deposit in the engine

40 roll. Stock GTPs suck from a 40 roll. They wont down shift to first gear and second gear goes to 100+mph.

I will also run from a dig. trap 106 but 60’ 2.2s

I’ll run from a dig, ET is 14.1 :lol

It still has the same effect as blocking the valve as it’s a sealed unit at that point. Spikes obviously aren’t the same as held boost, and stock it commands about 19psi peak on the LMM. It’s not that it wont do more boost than that, it’s just working harder because it has to overcome the leak. Who the fuck knows, the fast guys on DD are the ones that said it – not me.

you mean ANY! lol:crackup

:lol there are some eyelets in the floor now that strap it in now. Don’t get me wrong, its still unsafe… but it’s less unsafe than it was. :rofl

100% down to run you in the mr2 once I take it out, this could be a lot of fun. I ran 14.5 at 92 with a 1.9. I’d love to have coal blow in my t-tops!!! Haha

its def a good thing to block the egr as it keeps your motor clean its also a good idea to do a pcv reroute so you dont send oil back through your turbo/ic/intake but i cant see its gonna gain any significant amount of power just from blocking it off. this van doesnt run a high 14 stock? much lighter than the truck. my truck went 15.4 stock

No offense, but I’ll never take advice from you. Especially when it comes to anything automotive.

I have no idea what it runs. Don’t forget, it’s detuned quite a bit from your truck and the transmission is different.

It’s detuned 115hp/200lb-ft from the truck LMM via PCM tuning. I have addressed that and gone a fair bit further with the tune. Theres still more left if he wants to push it! As far as the EGR block-off goes, I’m not saying it will add power by just putting it on. What it does to is allow you to add more boost pressure without having to worry about the EGR valve blowing open (it happens, read up). Obviously the valve CAN still open, it just wont effect it any longer.

easy bud never claimed it didnt i just said i cant see any power gains from it. i did it on my truck solely for keeping soot out of my intake… with the power boost its running i dont see an issue with the valve being forced open but there is always a chance

Sorry bro, I wasn’t trying to be a dick at all by saying that! I just got done working on the tune a little more, I increased the main injection pulse by about 5% and added a little more boost in the higher rpm/load areas. I also lifted the shift points by 100 RPM across the board and increased the line pressures up a bit in the tranny… hopefully it holds up :stuck_out_tongue: