DVORAK

omfg… those statistics are dumb. Why not just change over to the metric system??? B?C SAE IS WORKING FINE eatme

Switching to metric would be a pain, but there’s plenty of metric on GM cars right now, so we’re stuck with both.

Keyboard layouts are a much simpler switch, as long as you can type without looking, it’s just a quick change of the settings. Every modern computer is built with DVORAK capability.

Interesting that it stuck just enough for software to support it, but it never really took a hold in the market.

l33t h@zkzor$

Xlogical?

as long as you can type what without looking??? words based on the existing keyboard layout??? that would have nothing to do with typing on a different platform… i have no idea where you were going with that??? or why you’d want to use that layout…

lmfao…tears rolling from my eyes out of pure laughter

someone who cant seem to find the “u” key 2 times in a row?

:dunno:

If you have to look at the keys to type…like I did in 3rd grade, then you would need to buy a new keyboard, or put new labels on the one you have.

Otherwise you would be very confused because the letter on the key you just pressed would not be the same as the letter that appeared on the screen. But I don’t care what’s on the keys, I just learned the new locations. Switching between the 2 layouts is very simple.

How to switch from Qwerty to Dvorak or to any keyboard
Windows (ME, 2000, XP) and Mac operating systems have Dvorak and US standard 101- Qwerty keyboard drivers installed with “typical/default” installation. Guidelines to switch between Qwerty and Dvorak layout are below:
on Windows:
Click “start” button –> “Settings” –> “Control Panel” and select “Keyboard”. In properties choose US Dvorak. In the switch languages options check one of the combination of keys which when pressed will switch from one keyboard to the other.
If you can select either US standard 101 or Dvorak but not both, select any other English language and assign it property US Dvorak (or whatever you want it to be).
on Mac:
Click “apple” icon in upper left corner –> “Control Panels” –> “keyboards” and select US Dvorak

:rofl:

so wait pretty much you switch the way the keys type and don’t orientate the keys to match the letters. that would so fuck with my head. but if the keyboard would have the key swapped around I think I would do fine. maybe I should change my laptops keys to DVORAK.

x2

I went to skool with a Frank Dvorak. I thought maybe he was on the board.

I have not used DVORAK.

I switched mine to dvorak for a couple of seconds…

I tried typing the abc’s and got stuck on “G” until I get pissed and quit.

your mom called, she wants an ice pack for her red sock i gave her

are you trying to use this thread to pick up chicks with your insano typing skillz??? or is there a point?

:weak:

yikes

/thread

Don’t be jealous that I’ve been chatting online with babes all day…while typing on my DVORAK keyboard.

:rofl:

IIRC:

The QWERTY layout was devised a long-ass time ago because they needed a way to make sure the keys didn’t bind up when typing. The DVORAK layout makes it possible to type more quickly, because the jamming keys are no longer an issue.

i cant see how changing location of keys is goin to make you a faster typer. either you know where shit is, or you dont. if you can process where they are at now, than you should be ok.

for the record, i look at the keys as i type out of habit. however, i can type a hell of a lot faster than two handed people. i have my own style, it is a cross between two hands and pick and peck. i basically use middle and pointer fingers on both hands to type.

Based on which letters are used most, and the alternation between consanants and vowels, you fingers travel shorter distances on average.

http://www.acm.vt.edu/~jmaxwell/dvorak/comparePage.html