Dyno service for Niagara meet

http://www.makoracing.com/

Dan (happy240sx - one of the coolest cats on here) found these guys and got a quote.

$1200 transport fee just to show up.

$60 + tax each pull.

minimum of 25 pulls, or a 25 pull guarantee.

after 25 about $0 from each additional pull goes towards the transport fee.

in other words we need like $1000 in order to get this thing to show up.

how should be go about raising some of that money.

does anyone else know someone closer?

have the meet at a dyno shop and donate a portion of the 1200 u will save to a charity of some sort?

nah

it is for hte niagara meet… no relocations possible unless you know a shop that will serve us food and let us have 150 people there?

btw,

i am thinking it will be impossible to top this meet if we try for a second time at the end of summer.

thinking maybe pushing this back a week or two into june and going bigger and better.

Hmmm…

How long does it take to get the car on, tie it down, do the pull, un-tie it and get it off ? 20 minutes easily ?

25 Pulls x 20 Minutes = 3 Pulls an Hour = 8-9 Hours easily

25 People @ $48 “show up fee kick in” + $60 for a Pull = $108 a Person and a 25 Spot Limit perhaps ?

I talked to the owner and he can change cars in under 10 minutes…

Their setup is just plain cool too. Totally self contained with it’s own trailer, power and you get a color print out.

One cool thing that I found too is that his Mustang dyno also does drag simulation. So for those boys not interested to know your peak hp – you can atleast take a run “down the strip”

Theres a dyno here in windsor just opened up. I think its called WPRacing. Its a chassis dyno. I dont think they have a website but you can find them on the ultracooltastic windsor forum realtimeperformance.ca. They charge 60 bucks for 2 runs and 2 printouts. The only friggin cars that go there are stock cars or gay srt4’s. Come to windsor and show them a thing or two pleeeeeease…

Bing is loooking for something truck-top so he can have it setup at his place in Niagara this summer…

how does it account for drag?

how does it account for drag?[/quote]

Yeah - I’m with you - there seems to be a few physical factors it ignores - but they (mustang dyno) claim it is accurate to .1 of a sec.

Drag’s a good one, I was also thinking about wheel spin. I wonder if they set the inertia on the rollers so that you can actually overpower them when you launch?

Either way - I think it would still be cool if 20 guys all took a rip. Regardless of “real life” factors - the fastest time on the dyno takes the crown.

it would be preferable to find something closer,

i am fine with the price per pull, just not the $1200 transport fee.

there has to be something closer…

even this place goes local for either nothing or $400 depending on teh region.

if we can find one for $400 that would be great.

Bing, The Balancing Act in St. Kitts will do a full day dyno meet for us, they have plenty of parking and will do a BBQ for about a Grand. This is for 8 hours but they don’t shut you down at the 8 hour mark, they will keep going untill things die down (within reason if coarse).

I have a buddie that woeks there so if you want exact details, let me know.

Theo

that would have to be a totally seperate event… there maybe be alot more than 100 people here and i dont think we can have a 100 person BBQ there…

that sounds more like a 20 person event, $50 per person or something like that.

maybe later in the summer.

i want a Dyno to be on site at the cosy.

Au contraire, mon half chinese frere…

I was there last year for a grand opening of the dyno with Aaron. 97.7 was there for the afternoon broadcasting from the parking lot. There were probably 150 - 200 people there on that day. They had a few Q’s going on a grab-it-while-you-check-stuff-out kinda deal.

But yeah, maybe a separate meet would be best for this.

haha holy crap i remember that radio broadcast

Vendor booths… how about that?

say for example JDMP and maybe one or two other booths. charge $100 for the day. i would pay the same and contribute it all towards the cost of the dyno.

any other ways to raise some funds for the booths?

$2 cover?

lol…

How 'bout some hawt b-rods that would be willing to donate the day’s lap dance profits to the club? Lap dances and dyno for all!!!

umbrella girls are in the works anyways

what about umbrella boys for you bing?

you cant just leave your tastes out.

btw my car is perfect for watching boobies bounce on a drive to the falls.

who gets shotgun??

I call a meeting, i have a lot of questions and ideas to address…

Oooh, I am getting excited now…

Rena, does this:

Have anything to do with this:

:?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:wink: