E-Test Failed.

I failed my etest recently. Well bombed it actually. The NO ppm is supposed to read 485 or under and I was at 977. I was told that there is a good chance that I need a new EGR valve. Has anybody else had this same problem?

That’s not bombing it lol, my reading was 483 and the limit is 485.

Look at this thread, now this guy bombed it he got over 3k for NO ppm, maybe it’ll help…

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19039

This guys etest won’t help me because I only failed on the NO ppm. I want to know if anybody else has had this problem and how they fixed it.

THAT WOULD BE MEE . . my car running is like 7 cars combined. .

i polute the air even when my car is off

You should take your EGR value off and clean it out use some carb cleaner.
I know mine was cloged and a hose from the bottom was also cracked.

If that doesn’t help its not that big a part so getting a new one shouldn’t be to hard

hey, i failed m etest bad to and it was because of an o2 sensor… Change that as it was my issue which is like a $40-$50 fix… plus you can change that yourself or a mechanic if you cant reach it.

Don’t change the O2 sensor because you are wasting your money that is only when you have high HC readings. it is most likelt your EGR take your EGR off and Clean it and make sure the valve opens and closes cleaning it is one thing but you have to soak it so you get the valves moving again once they move freally your egr is fixed then go re test it

get some combustion chamber cleaner and run it through too. works wonders.

Alright thanks guys. Now the other problem is where exactly is the EGR valve? I have no idea what it even looks like.