e30 help?

well i recently picked up an 87 325, i have a plan for the car and i’ve already started work on it. im pretty new to the bmw’s and mine has a few problems i have to deal with that im not quite sure how to fix on it. there is also other things i plan on doing with the car that im not sure how to do. i have read many e30 specific sites such as r3v, e30tech and bimmerforums but its pretty hard searching thru all of it with all of the BS in between.

mainly what im looking for is if theres anyone in the area who can give me some insight and info on the best places locally to find parts and who can also give me some information on my plans. the best way for me personally to discuss my plans with the car is VIA PM’s because im trying to keep the project as low key as possible becuase i know nobody will think i’m gonna go thru with it and i dont feel like getting shat on about it.

my current problem with the car is that i put the car in gear and you can hear it go in, so its not the linkage. but when you let out on the clutch nothing happens. it doesnt grind, the car doesnt move at all and it doesnt stall. nothing leaks either, im guessing the slave cylinder but im not sure.

thanks

if the pedal doesn’t drop all the way to the floor than its doubtful its the slave cylinder. if it sat around a while perhaps the pressure plate is frozen and won’t release.

i’d give you E30 sites, but its been a while since i had one and i’ve forgotten most of the places i used to use.

You are going to have a hard time finding parts locally…like i’ve told you before.

Check autohausaz for pretty inexpensive parts. They ship pretty quickly and ive got some parts for there cheap.

Keep in mind there is a difference between a budget build, and a fucking frankenstein from the junkyard :stuck_out_tongue:

J

the kid said he was driving it and one day this happened outta the blue so idk…

thanks jay, its going to be a budget build done correctly. i might as well do it right if im gonna do it at all. im talking things used like im doing the super ETA with the i head on the e bottom end. ive hear theres places/people locally that have them laying around but im not sure what else i need to complete the head swap.

coldaccord

does he have alot of e30 parts? i need some pretty random shit.

e30tech.com for info

Prob local people for parts like the diff head

For oem parts:
pelican
bavarian autosports

just pelican.com and same with the other?

No problem. It’s bavauto.com and pelicanparts.com always had good experience with both and their prices are pretty good.

oh alright cool. i see the one site has the trunk/hood emblems :smiley:

Just buy my whole parts car. Lots of “i” stuff and spares. :smiley:

Yeah for local stuff like an engine head, Brent is the kind of person you want to buy shit from.

lol, we talked the other day, i have NO room what so ever for a whole parts car currently :frowning: but i would still like to tear that car apart for everything i need. if you have any ideas of how we can work something out that would be great, i need to get this car moving asap.

but still, anyone got any ideas what it could be that wont let the car move under its own power?

Completely forked pressure plate? Disconnected drivetrain (driveshaft/axles)? Not much else it really could be…

n00b question. can i check the pressure plate without pulling the tranny?

and if the driveshaft/axles were disconnected wouldnt it still go into gear but make some form of noise?

thanks for the help so far.

Chances are pretty low the drivetrain is disconnected, you’d probably be able to see that pretty easily…but you never know.

its wierd that it just happened to him on a whim. i hope to find the problem soon so i can move this thing around easier. then i can start to do the real work :slight_smile:

brent when you get a chance call me. I might be interested in a few more things. And it wont be removing another steering rack in the parking lot with no air or electricity watching guys in a white eclipse do burn outs. lol

lol did you witness westbrooke trash?

lol i did. When i went into his house to wash up. There was kids running everywhere, and people hanging out of windows. It was… different lol