E36 M3 vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

So yeah… we’re rolling back to brent_strong’s apartment after working on his FD up in one of my garages and this e36 rolls up to a light kinda fast, with the driver trying to look all sorts of tough next to us. I have a good laugh, roll up next to him, stare him down and start idling up the jeep. He clearly hears it as he starts slipping the clutch and rolling the car forward just before the light change. Thankfully, I have a bit of experience getting the jeep off the line (as Jay, Deni, and Josh can attest to :rofl:). So I launch the jeep, not all out, but definitely what would be a sub 2.0 60’ as it clicks green on the light in front of us. Tires squeeling off the line, the kid in the e36 is HARD on it and clearly launched too. Unfortunately for him the Jeep has the HO V8, AWD, and is a monster off the line (for a 4000lb SUV). Through second and shut it down on him, had a good 5 cars on him after the 1-2 shift :headbang::lol: The road narrowed and he proceeded to ricer flyby on me over the median. :bloated:

best/worst kill of the week.

That’ll teach skunk.

That oughta take his ego back down into the stratusphere :lol: Good kill :tup:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:3,topic:26697"”]

That’ll teach skunk.

[/quote]

:2fingers: :stuck_out_tongue:

better not race any jeeps then

that jeep rips out of the hole. Mike remember when you ripped apart that prelude with the empty trailer behind you? lol.

:snky: :snky: :snky:

:nite:

lol, word, GCs love to rip a mean 60 foot

You shoulda raced up to like 60-70ish. I would have liked to see the outcome then.

Why bother? Everyone know what the outcome would’ve been. The only way I would’ve stood a chance up in the top end is in 4 low, and then I’d be done by 67mph.

Its not shift on the fly out of 4 low? LMAO

Mine could hang with LT1 Fbods down low back when I had the 30" tires. I don’t really get on it much anymore since I swapped the straight pipe for a FM40. Idk if mine would bang out a sub 2" 60" tho, maybe if I had the 5.9l

yea, my friends mom has the same jeep, definetly fun to launch and do axis spins