e46 330i Vs Solstice

So last night I was cruising along on my way to Hartford CT for the weekend to do some partying… I’m driving our 01 330i (Dinan Chipped) when I happen upon a new Pontiac Solstice. I gotta say they are growing on me, but anyway, the guy paces with me at about 75mph. We have one car in front of him then a longggg open stretch as far as the eye can see. We’re along side of him, when my passanger gives him a wave and “Go Go Go!” and motions for him to pass in front of us and get ready to go. The driver of the solstice kinda glances at us and then back at his wife… who undoubtedly was thinking “God damnit, not again” and drops a gear. He pulls in front of us, and passes the only other car on the road and drops to the right lane. We line up next to him and I let him get the jump. He pulls about a CL on us as I redline in 3rd and goto 4th, as the tach winds up we start pulling on him. At about 5000rpm in 4th we’re a CL on him, as I redline 4th and shift into 5th we’ve got alittle over a 2 car lengths on him, deep into 5th we’ve put about 6CL’s on him. We give him a wave as he exits a short while down the road, and later ended up running an E30 that was certainly not stock, but that’s another post…

i like the soltices but they are slow. Nice winter kill though :tup:

whana run my car?

i want to race a 330i

Sure, I’m almost always up for fun runs. I’ll PM you next time I’m in Buffalo.

I wanna hear about the e30 now

my e30 might be able to give youa nice run when it comes out of hibernation