E46 M3 vs 335 vs 135

I thought this comparison was interesting.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=125908?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/comparison/2002/bmw.m3/08.comparo.bavarian.500.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

i have driven all 3, and i agree

Not specific hate towards you, but I would have said this no matter who posted that…:

“Aren’t you the coolest.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

i own all 3, and i agree

jk, I wish

hmm… 2002 what a great year. I know if I owned one I would be quite happy at this review…

135i ahohhhhhhhh :bow:

It is like I have said before, the gains in power in recent years have changed everything.
Think about it, they are comparing an M3 to the “lower” models and just a few years evolution have made them competitive.

Since they are so “equal” I guess the only question at this point is mpg.(?)
(With fuel prices soaring)

i wasnt trying to be a cock. but i drove all 3 cuz i wanted something differant over the winter, and figured i would try out the new hotness in the BMW world, and get back into a turbo car…

neither car impressed me 2 much…

the 335 is too expensive optioned like i want, and doesn’t feel fast and 1 wheel peel FTL

the 135 has a nice interior and is priced a LITTLE bit better, not much, and has nice brakes, but it is ugly in a coupe

there is just something about the BMWs that I do not like. I can’t really put my finger on it. I can never get into liking them. None of those cars really strike me as anything cool.

A friend of a friend test drove the 135 and said the interior was lacking in quality and decided to go elsewhere instead. I would have gone with the venerable E46 as well but I gotta think the 135/335 have great potential for modding since the engines are both built for boost.

Word up.

the interior was that much shittier? The reviews online all state that it’s comparable to the 335s. I’ve been in a few 335i and thought the interior was consistent with other BMW’s style and caliber.

I think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to modding the engines built for boost. The gains from minor mods are going to make the cars overpowering… although as aforementioned, the lack of LSD is certainly FTL.

The E46 M3’s engine seems pretty strung out. Unless you throw on a HPF’s $16,000 turbo kit, of course

I would choose the E46 for the price and for the fact that I don’t want to get sucked into modding another turbo vehicle. At least NA a few bolt ons and some spray perhaps and you’re done.

Word, but who sprays at the track? Unless you mean to use the car for going in a straight line… and if that was the case, wouldn’t you rather spend the 30k elsewhere? On the flip side though, I guess creature comforts and lux/ball status can go hand in hand with straight line power… meh

One way or another, the E46 M3 is becoming pretty popular as their market value is lowering and there are more mid-high mileage vehicles to be purchased. I mean seriously, of the older NYSpeed/UBRF generation member, who hasn’t looked at buying one?

who cares? german cars are garbage.

I would take an E46 M3 over the other two probably even if money wasn’t an issue. I think it just looks soo much better. You can always turbo it after the fact also.

Meh 02 M3s :tif:

03.5 and up is where its at.

I was just referring to all-round mods to do to an NA car. Definitely aren’t going to spray at the track unless you are crazy or there is a large straight. I think they still are one of the best looking cars around and since the bottom is beginning to fall out on the price, it’s a good investment.

:funny:
LOL I know what you are trying to say but LOL still.

Oops… Yeah it does sound kind of silly. :wink:

Less of an bad investment compared to any other turbo moddable car; How does that sound??

Sounds good, I knew what you were saying I was just being a douche.

So this comparison is cool I know i love the 135i mostly for the boost and potential mods. But I like E46 M3’s way better overall to be honest.