E85 Ethanol vs 93 Pump Gas

If you have meth installed, you should have an AFR gauge. It should be obvious if you run low. :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s an interesting questionā€¦ What if you ran meth injection with Ethanol? would it be worth it? Just a thought :ponder

Probably not.

Yessir, tomorrow morning Iā€™ll clean it up, going to sleep now :sleep

Good. I got all night to fuck this shit up. :runaway

i pump out tanks with more than 30% water its always on the bottom you cant do that to e85 fuel tanks . it dont dillute the fuel but moisture and dirt throw every thing hurts everything

My cousin works for Salisbury Chevrolet and got a car in one time that filled his tank at a Stewarts and got a full tank of waterā€¦ Whole fuel system had to be replaced, not covered under warranty :ahh

I hate to dig up an old thread but if there is anymore information that somebody wants to share please do so

I think that since we donā€™t have e85 widely available yet, the numbers people have throw around are just are rough guess. Exactly how much it costs and how much gets used will obviously be different depending on vehicles and driving habits.

Aside from emissions, I see no benefit for this fuel for a daily driverā€¦unless it becomes a dollar a gallon.

i got gas today at Hess (Mobil has over 350 for premium) but there was a flex fuel Chevy there, i asked him why he doesnā€™t he e85

His repsonce:

ā€œe85 is garbage 87(regular) last twice as long and theres the performance from 87 that 85 just doesnā€™t haveā€

The mileage issue is fact but the power is falseā€¦ How do we know he has ever tried E85 and isnt just saying what he has heard from others. I think alot of people are afraid to try something new. Out west there are alot of stations that have E85 and more people out there use it, but who knows if the quality of the fuel is better out there than here. Another issue is that we dont know how well GM has their vehicles tuned for flex fuel. They have a sensor in the tank that meters the amount of ethanol to gasoline because with ā€œflex fuelā€ you can go from one to another. If you have a tank half E85 and half 87 what are the chances that performance will suffer as opposed to a tank full of either? Im not trying to argue but pointing out that there are alot of variables.

he had a trailer with a old asss bronco. the one that weighs like 434543 tonsā€¦ lol. but im not trying to agrue either, but he looks and sounds to ligitamite, but you can never tell these days :idiots

IF you run meth and e85, wouldnt you be able to run even MORE boost/advance ignition timing even further vs. 93+meth?

yeah there was an article in modified over the summer that had a great review of it iā€™ll see if i can dig it up

Theoretically yes. Im not sure if anyone has done this but it sounds like it could work. Some people have thought of using E85 with an extra injector for chemical intercooling as well.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless youā€™re sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:lol What was the name of this thread I couldnt find it on ls1techā€¦ :ponder

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/i/misc/Vertigro/index.html

Iā€™ve been running E85 forever. I heart E85. You need approximately 39% more fuel for the same lambda, so you need larger injectorsā€¦ and a lot of cases you need a larger fuel pump. Gas mileage isnā€™t wonderful for me, but why would it be? I beat the shit out of my carā€¦ it sees about 14mpg mixed on E85. Itā€™s a cammed automatic with a stall and the top is usually down so the wind drag is fairly elevated.

For the guy that said that Ethanol is petrolā€¦ hehā€¦ since when? Petroleum == crude oil, just as Mike mentioned (I know this was way long ago, but I never saw the thread before). E85 does have additives, and some of it IS in fact petroleum (15% +/- gasoline and lubricants, cold start additives as well). If anyone knows anything about alcohol in general (ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol etc) you know that there is always SOME moisture content (max 95.6% pure by distillation).

Run it. But make sure you have the fuel system to supply it. Oh, and itā€™s no where near as caustic as Methanol, thats another great point. Plus its $2.99 and you can get it in just about every major town.

wtf is going on with you people bumping really old threads?

DUDE! i know, srsly