E85 in NY, more coming

I got this email this morning and thought I would pass it on. Not sure if GM will be sponsoring any fuel savings events but if they do I will make sure to post it up.

EDIT: www.E85.com locator will help find any E85 stations if anyone is curious

Gulf opened its first E85 pump in New York State yesterday. We have another one opening today, and two more scheduled in the next 4 weeks. I wanted to see if General Motors would be willing to direct mail its customers in the vicinity of these new station (the stations aren’t new, but the E85 pumps are), and also offer a fuel cost buydown promotional program of some type. Below are the address of the 4 stations and their actual or expected online dates:

Queensbury, NY
Opened April 3
110 Main St. & Ryan St.
Queensbury, NY 12801

Clifton Park, NY
Opened April 4
Rte 146 & Vischers Ferry Rd.
Clifton Park, NY

Rotterdam, NY
To Open April 24
511 Rte 7/Duanesburg Rd at Dunnsville Rd.
Rotterdam, NY 12306

Glenmont, NY
To Open May 1
430 Rte 9W
Glenmont, NY 12077

Clifton Park , Today
Rotterdam , Thurs April 24th
Glenmont , Thurs May 1st

Please let me know when you get a chance. Thank you.

Regards,

Laura Scott
Gulf Oil Limited Partnership
275 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02458-1646

e85 sucks, and is all marketing and BS

unless you have a turbo car with E85 fuel map, then it’s the best thing since sliced bread despite all the other BS

being educated before posting > *

Well lets see here.

There aren’t too many flex fuel vehicles on the road, so they won’t sell too much of this fuel.

If you do have a late model GM vehicle that uses this fuel, then it costs about the same, and you get a drastic decrease in fuel economy.

Is anybody saving money using this stuff?

and it creates more polution then oil…

ethanol from corn is lame switchgrass is where its at

being uneducated and knocking someone elses post :bloated:

E85 does suck. Fucking garbage will cost more in resources and pollution then it will save.

From a performance forced induction aspect, it has some interesting potential. And a lot of domestics have had the ability to run it for years.

That said as a mainstream fuel, it’s easily one of the most retarded ideas around.

Its an attempt to curb our demand on middle east oil. Why they dont allow drilling on the pacific shelf is beyond me.

Yea I love paying 5$ for a loaf of bread

E85 is shit. It’s worse for the environment than 87 because of all the forests and land that needs to be slashed to grow more corn, it’s causing the price of corn to rise and it’s more expensive/gal. I don’t think it yeilds the same energy that 87 does either. What kind of moron scientists do we have in this country. Who actually thought this was a great idea and who approved spending all this goddamn money for it.

Sugar cane is the way to go for Ethanol.

Brazil does it better. For some reason corn farmers have had our government by the balls since the 50’s

I could never remember if it was Venezuela or Brasil.

Corn subsidies FTW. I wonder what John Melloncamp thinks about this.

unless it’s 50 cents or so less a gallon it isn’t worth it

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/jpfenski/johnmelloncamp.jpg

Hmmm… That was weird.