E85 in Greensburg/Latrobe

what is the availability around there? how far to get it if not?

http://e85vehicles.com/e85-Pennsylvania.htm
Monroeville looks closest to you

i think sheetz on rt51 near rostraver or sheetz on 51 at century 3

sheetz in monroeville has it and the one on 51 dose…nothing at all in latrobe and greensburg

I had the same issue With my avalanche. it just isn’t available. so I just use Regular. I can’t find it anywhere down here in NC.

thanks guys that sucks. think it be worth talking to a couple stations and see if they would pick it up?

I’m not even using it right now but working on getting my motor back together and was thinking about doing a couple upgrades to use it.

Is it really worth it in the end. I mean, it’s borderline how much you save between the price difference and drop in fuel economy…if you save anything at all. Depends on the vehicle and current price difference.

It would be worth it if you had a steady supply available and you built your motor to run 12.5 or 13:1 compression!!

you get what 30% less fuel economy and it definatley doesnt cost 30% less so no reason to get it unless you want to be a tree hugger

i heard there is a new big sheetz going in at the old mt. view location. maybe they will eventually get it.

E85 is higher octane and works very well with turbo setups. You can see a 12% increase in power with no changes to boost by running E85. It allows for cooler charge temps along with a cooler running motor. So its deffently worth to run it just pain to find that fuel

What are your plans? I am running just shy of 500hp with regular pump gas and I think that is pretty damn good.

I’m only shooting for 400, as Quik said im looking for the extra timing and cooler air charge, less detonation. the gas price vs mpg isn’t a big deal to me since this won’t be a daily. also gonna do some tuning soon and would be nice to have a map ready for when i want/can use the e85. Considering its will be hard to find around pa then i probably wont even think about it. I’ll just do meth, and thats the way to go for doing track days that i will be doing.

beside e85 on the track, i would need a gas station at the track.

Now if there was a e85 station near me I wouldn’t hesitate.

Corn is great for the High Powered ROLL RACERZ that ride around monroeville area!!!

i toyed with that fuel i only ran a 45% mix of E85. It was incrediable how responsive the turbo was. It came in harder and about 600 rpms sooner. I actually seen my IATs drop after making a pull. Id like to try it for a soul source of fuel just sucks only 2 places i know that sells it, robinson and monroeville. If i stay on the highways im fine

E85 is more than worth it. I recommend it to most evo’s that come through the shop who are running stock,stock frame, or even larger turbo’s. Average gains that I see from simply changing over to E85 on the same set up, are 70-90whp gains, and 90-100wtq, granted these are out of 4 cylinder motors, and I dont know what gains will be seen with a v8, but you see considerably cooler IAT’s, you can run considerably leaner with no detonation, and you can run an ass crap of timing and a good bit more boost, safely. My daily evo is on E85 constantly and i still get around 17-18mpg which isnt fantastic but isnt horrible for the extra power on tap

how do you sell them on it thou if its too hard to find at a station?

you can buy drums of e85 right? just like race gas.

fill the trunk with gas cans?

ooooooo i know, f250 with one of those extra tanks in the bed. make a trip to moronville every month and fill it up.

E85 might be around here at more gas stations if hempfield township appoves the e85 plant thats suppose to be built accross from the old sony plant in mount pleasant. they started doing construction but I think the locals started making a fuss and all things came to a stop. Last I heard it was still in the works but I havent seen any movement on construction yet. Some people are saying that the e85 plants are nasty and if thats true then I dont want that shit in my back yard.

How dirty can corn be, if it brings more jobs to this area I dont care if I glow at night. Just remember to move out of here before you have kids.

It’s not about selling it to the customer it’s the simple easy power gains available from using a fuel thats normally atleast 50cents to a dollar cheaper per gallon. And most cars do a pump gas/race gas tune, so whats better paying $10/gallon for 110 octane or paying $2.XX/gallon for a very simalir octane gas. Of course it’s easier if you live near a station that has it, but most people use it on the weekends, or track days, and are more than willing to go out of the way for that extra power. Plus with evo’s there are ecu patches to run dual maps. For example if you have an older year Evo with the intercooler sprayer, you can set the ecu up so when you hold down the sprayer button it switches between e85 to pump gas maps. There are many variations of it, that’s just one it just makes it easier for the owner.