EA hogs Porsche license from all developers that can actually write racing games

LOL…brand licensing is one of the most lucrative business today. And it’s VERY expensive. any company that has a popular name could give it away for free…but why when you can charge companies a fee and royalties for using the name/logo/trademark… I have applied for some brand licensing through some automotive manufactures for some of my products and it’s defintiely not cheap. Some companies charge hundreds of thousands of dollars(NFL for example), some not so much. Example…brand licensing for Daimler Chrysler…$5000 first year plus ~15% sales for sales under 75K a year. The actual fees are typically based on how much you plan to sell your first year, in a given year, and what the product is/how much it will cost. It’s alot of legal paperwork.

Porsche is exclusive…meaning that they assign licensing to key compnaies and only those companies car use it. IE they have one company that(legally) produces their clothing line, one company that does watches, etc,etc. I’ve aplied for some brand licensing through them…couldn’t afford the upfront costs they wanted for the product.

Porsche is the one who gave EA the exclusive rights. Not all companies do that(most don’t actually).