Forza Horizon

Has anyone picked it up yet? I understand it’s got more of a GTA/Need for Speed gameplay?
How is the car modification? As extensive as Forza 3 & 4? Or can you even mod your cars?
How is the money/car buying situation? Do you still have to start out with some shitbox and earn your way up?

Just trying to get some reviews/opinions on those who may have gotten it already before I go waste my time with it. Although, it’s only $60 so I might just go get it anyways :lol

debating buying as well, i played the demo was pretty good

Love it. Forgot I preordered it and it was delivered to my house yesterday. You can mod your cars exactly like in Forza. I’d say this would e compared to the absolute best thing Need For Speed COULD put out, but they haven’t. Physics are more arcade-like, and less simulation but it’s welcomed since it’s more fun.
Credits are easy to be earned, and you start out with a Corrado VR6.

One aspect I like is that they have “barn finds” where you get word there’s a car available in a barn on te map, and they give you the vicinity where it’s near. They have cars you wouldn’t normally find, such as a Bugatti EB110 and BMW M1, but it’s a cool aspect I like.

Ehh thought it would be better

Don’t have the game, not sure if I’m gonna buy it, but found a nice review thats not 40 minutes long like most others.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAZQLnSjnE[/ame]

I hear you cant tune the cars though. is this true cossey?

The review video posted above says there is no advanced tuning.

I thought I saw where you could add shit to them…

Parts and such but not tuning the car, like advanced tuning of gearing and aero and such. Pretty sure that is what they are referring to. As far as bolting on parts that is just as extensive. (From what I gather from the video, anyway)

Picked it up after work yesterday. Pretty cool game. Its fun. Everytime I blow through a speed trap it tells me that Cossey went through it faster haha.

Love the game, but it is an arcade game, where the cars drive like they do in the other forzas. As far as customization goes, you can modify your car but can’t adjust the settings. if you have forza 4 you will get more then just a corrado to start out with, just like you got cars in 4 if you had 3. also you get a viper if you have played the demo.

by far the best part is the barn finds, its cool going and hunting down a car that’s hidden and then having it get restored. but i think they didn’t space them out well enough, have already gotten over half them and i’m not far into the game. and i enjoy drifting around colorado in my rx7/supra. the speed traps are cool as you get notified when your friend has a faster speed and it’s fun to try to go beat that. also driving an aventador at 250 on the highway gets sketchy as hell.

Bought it tonight, definitely a fun game. Already bought a ZL1 along with the SRT8 Charger, E92 M3, Gumpert Apollo, and few other cars they give you for playing Forza 4

I drove around quite a bit in my ZL1 and M3, still have yet to find any barn finds

bought it as well

rockin:

2012 GTR
Audi RS4
ford raptor

Bakerian Editions of course.

Looks a lot like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars lol

Ha, found my online photo library. Here’s my RS4

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=Horizon&id=61374&full=true

:lol

Will be getting on this shortly myself. Looks great. Demo was fun.

I have a ton of cars, but I’ve only bought maybe 4-5. I had to buy a Ferrari 355 Challenge for the Ferrari-only A class event, then I bought a Ford GT500 for the Ford newer than 1980 event. I think I bought an AE86, a Mini Cooper S, and something else.

How many total cars are there? Same selection as Forza 4?

I have like 100 cars on Forza 4 (still have more money than I can possibly ever use :lol)…I wonder what cars I’ll have in my garage to start…

I never bothered to look at my map for barnfinds what’s the deal how hard to find

No idea. I think there’s a bit less than Forza. I took a pic of the cars that I got from Forza 4:

2011 Mini Cooper S (I guess I didn’t buy that one then)
2011 Citroen DS3 Racing
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
2008 BMW M3
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2009 Gumpert Apollo S

I’d like to see if they allow the same cars from peoples’ garages, or if they switch it up for everyone. If you can, snap a pic or something to remember what cars they give you and post in here.

Also, I created a Shift 518 car club in this one too. Search for S518 or add me to your friends list on there and I’ll send an invite: cosseyowns