Early look: 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco

Two images of the 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco have leaked online, ahead of its official debut next week in Geneva. While it remains unclear if the Scirocco will make it to U.S. shores, one thing is clear — VW has made quite a few changes from the Iroc concept car that was used to preview the new model.

Reports surfaced a few months ago suggesting the Scirocco would not be offered in the North American market, but the appearance of prototypes this summer on U.S. soil suggests otherwise.

In late April, Volkswagen of America executive Adrian Hallmark said the new Scirocco hatchback would not come to the United States because “we don’t want it.” He implied it would cannibalize sales of the GTI.

But in May, spokesman Hans-Gerd Bode said the final decision will not be made by Volkswagen of America, but rather by VW CEO Martin Winterkorn in Germany

This thing is DOPE, you guys!

Overall I like the design, the wheels look a little big for the size of the car but I’m sure that’s going to change between now and production. My only other gripe would be the side rear glass, I wish it was a bit bigger and extended closer to the hatch, looks like its going to have a sizable blind spot.

possibly, but youd really have to sit in it and see, it might be ok. i definitely like how that looks. i love that rear end look, so smooth

looks exactly the same as the Rabbit, GTI, and Golf. Changing the shape of the rear window doest fool me.

I liked the old siroccos though, they should put some energy into making a good one if they want to bring it back.

if you only take visual into account, i likes it! i think its a nice looking car right there

kinda looks like they stole mazda’s design for the CX7 SUV, shrunk it down, and made it into a hatch

eh idk… i wouldnt buy it… i would stick with the R32 if i was going to buy a VW hatch

I thought the same thing when I looked at it.

16v rocco II ftw. f-in love em.

this thing sucks and i doubt we will see it in the us.

i think its ok but it looks like they got there ideas from suburu and mazda’s body lines . but the new tt are sexy my wifes going to buy one . i wish they used the mk5 grill look on the scirocco

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/sexytt.jpg

good stuff, TT’s are great toys. i like em, theyre just a smidge too small for me, but overall, fun cars

fugly