Just test drove a 2008 VW Scirocco !!!

I couldn’t help it, Im not a VW fan but I just had to. Come on this is a vehicle that hasn’t been around for like 16 years, some of the people on the forum were born after the scirocco was discontinued LOL. Today I went into a VW dealership in Athens (Greece) and I took a new Scirocco for a test drive, I took the TSi model 2.0L turbo 200HP.

Not too bad at all, it drove real nice, it handles awesome, the excelleration was great not so much off the line but on the highway! On the highway it goooooooeeeeesssss!!! The interior was very nice and the seats fealt great! The shifter suprised me it was smooth and the shifts were short almost as if it had a short shifter. Only crapy thing that disapointed me was the stearing wheel, the dash on the passenger side and the fact that they didn’t make it into a RWD. Still a fun car to drive and it has potential for some major HP with some modifications. …But my 240sx still kills it!

The sales guy though he had a sure sale, poor guy. I bough him a coffee at Starbucks so he was happy! (yes Starbucks is here too)

I have been away from Canada for like a year now, is it out in Canada yet?

Check it out:

http://image.automotive.com/f/multimedia/photo_gallery/6708612/0609_c+2008_volkswagen_scirocco+03.jpg
http://demaestro.blog.brunet.bn/files/2008/04/vw-scirocco2.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2658448481_70b53dfbb3.jpg

That is a bad-ass looking little car. Not coming to N/A though, its a shame.

Yea, it would rob too many sales from the GTi. What a pointless car. Its just a GTi with a cool looking body. Whats the point?

the point is to have a car with a cool looking body…

Damn, thats really not a bad looking car, id definitely get one if it were available and i had that extra money lying around heh

kinda looks like a more angry looking electric car minus the over wheel fender in the back

But the car costs about the same as the GTi. They’re both the same chassis with the same engine options. The drive pretty much the same. Why are there two models?

yeah but the scirocco looks so much better that it would make it a sound idea for them to eliminate the 2dr golfs and run this instead

Exactly why there are 240 hatches and coupes…

…because there are still people on this earth that think hatches are good looking.

haha touche Theo.
Coupe is teh best.

took the words outa my mouth.

i think golfs are ugly as fuck, but id hit one of these SO hard if they came to NA… i can dream

I think it might be released here, I read something about it coming to Canada in 2009 with two engine options. One being a 2.0t 200hp 4cyl and, the second being an awd (4 motion) 3.6ltr v6 with 280hp.

edit
Never mind, looks like its not coming to North America…

AWD would be be sick…I can’t believe that its not RWD. That just kills it for me…nice looking though! I like the green.

Woah they made a new scirocco. I didn’t know! I remember those things back in europe! Mean lil buggers!

Not coming to America? LOL DUH! Look at that commercial :stuck_out_tongue: The media would probably talk about street racing or some other such rubbish garbage politically motivated trash like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Car looks cool though.

The original Scirocco was FWD so why would the new one be RWD? Aside from the old beetle I can’t even think of another RWD VW.

3.6L AWD would be too awesome, they will never do it.

VW Mico-bus

why not they did a all wheel drive 3.2l golf

You could probably do the conversion yourself (with money, time and skills) as most of the parts have been quite modular on the vw platform. golf, jetta, passat, etc… there’s been plenty awd vr6 or I4 turbo conversions and they’re all mega awesome. Just fab/time/money involved. I was once a vw fanboy of sorts lol.

I’m happy with my GTI…

I just find it stupid to offer the same car again as a scirocco… something else needs to be different other than cosmetics.

and not to mention… the 2009 rabbit.Gti looks exactly the same too,…

Like I mentioned I’m not a big VW fan and I couldn’t give a crap about what kind of cars VW comes out with, I so many VW’s when I was in sales to know that they are all shit. That day I just had the itch to see something that was discontinued and hadn’t been around for over 16 years.

I love it when companies bring beck old cars, but only if it’s for the better, not when they take a muscle car and bring it back as a family sedan (example Monte Carlo SS).

The only thing that impressed me about the Scirocco was it’s performance on the highway at speeds over 140km/h. I have driven a Golf GTi before in Canada and I can tell you guys it’s like night and day, the gear ratios must be completely different or something.

Anyway enough about VW, if they realy want to impress me they should bring back the VW Karman gia!!!..oh yeah and keep the motor in the back still, unlike the new beetle.