Just test drove a 2008 VW Scirocco !!!

when i was in europe in the summer they already had bill posters and stuff advertising the car, just wasnt sure if it was out yet. it looks like a serious machine

Stock it’s not that serious, only on the highway it’s prety impressive, but it has potential for some good HP with the right amount of money and work.

I like the new VW bus that’s coming out… the one they’ve been advertising on TV… doesnt look as good as the old one but we’ll see how it does.

Meh, its a chrysler with VW badges. They should have at least done something they could two-tone.

^^ The new “microbus” is ugly as fuck and not nearly as cool as the original.

I almost bought a Scirocco before I got my 240. It was pretty built, friend of mine owned it. They friggen SCOOT when they have some money in them.

The new ones are hot, but as usual, Europe keeps all the cool cars and we get the shaft.

AH don’t be so shure of that, I have been in Europe for over a year now and the majority of the cars on the road don’t have half the HP the cars in North America do. Due to the high tax bracket in EU most people here don’t drive anything over a 2000cc (2.0L) and due to high gas prices people don’t want to drive anything with big engines. Just so give you an idea, today in Greece the gas price is 1.23 Euros per liter for regular (95 octane, 102 is premium here) 1.22 euros in Canadian dollars is $2.00 per liter!

The Scirocco here comes with two engines the 1.4L or the 2.0L turbo. In North america it will probably have a VR6 or something. Here they have the same cars as we do in North America but with smaller engines. Example most Audi A4’s here have a 1.6L, there are two different versions of each European vehicle you see, there is the European version and the North Anerican version that they ship to North America.

Just like the 240’s! In Japan they came with the SR or CA and in North America we got the KA.

Scirocco isn’t coming to NA, it’s already been confirmed. And I’d rather have a 120hp hot hatch that can take a corner pegged than some American car that can blister to 80mph but can’t turn for shit.

I know the grass is always greener but you can’t deny there are some bad ass cars there that will never make it here.