Easiest to work on project car?

I’ve been curious the past couple of days… What would be the easiest project car to work on in your opinion.

NOT LOOKING TO START A PROJECT, just wondering what you guys would do

The only thing I could think of that would be fun to work on is an s2000. The engine looks like it just wants to be modified. However, parts seem to be expensive and so does the car it self haha.

An S2K is what comes to mind when you think of easy project? :lol:

s2000s don’t really respond well to mods. FI is the only thing that will really give you any significant gains.

Idk just from looking at the engine bay.

I have no experience with hondas or anything im just saying coming from a v8 ls1 stuffed into a F-body, it looks like a dream.

Fox body mustang

I would say an s13/s14 would be a great project. You can do a DIY turbo kit on the DOHC motor and it would make some good power. Parts are cheap too.

NOT lt1.

I’d have to say either late 80’s early 90’s fox body, or 302 fbods.

Yeah fox body’s do look easy to work on. I saw some kits for heads and cams and they were wayyyyyyyyy cheaper than an ls1’s

Anything pre-fuel injection, excluding the 80s emissions controlled crap.

any OBD1 honda

Fox body Mustang is a really good one.

Another good one is a 1st gen DSM.

Miata.

Light, rear-wheel drive, parts are dirt cheap and readily available. Responds very well to forced induction, too.

Don’t you already own a LS1 car?

responds well to mods…tons of info on the internet…

Fox body mustangs are also a good project car…

240’s.

Fuck.

anything with a ls1 or 5.0.
Both seem like they have a decent aftermarket

Easy to build and work on?
Hondas.
240s.
Miata was simple but only mod worth while is forced induction and doing it right is a pita.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/867886-my-ls1-miata-build.html

Forget FI, LS1 swap. :lol:

seriously.
Price for price to do each one right and hit the same power goal…
Cost is neglible.

s10. you can buy the swap parts for about 300, yank a 5.7 from same year range fullsize for less then a grand, and have your 4.3 computer reprogrammed/chipped for less then 200. could double your power for about 1500 or less and it would be plenty reliable. build that motor fairly mild stick a set of caltracs and stickies on and run mid 11’s all day

Just clean up your engine bay! You can pull so much shit out of there, it will be more empty than an S2000 engine bay.

Are there ANY s10’s that run mid 11’s even once around here, yet alone all day?